Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Advice needed on 2013 GT 6 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Doug@C&L
Former Sponsor

Our C&L 2013 Gt " No-tuning required" air intake kit not only works with the stock calibration but also has the provisions for the new 2013 GT hood to prevent water intrusion, something EVERY 2013 Gt owner needs to look out for when they're buying.

We can also offer custom tuning using the Diablosport Intune handheld programmer that does NOT leave any trace in the factory PCM.

Just let me know how I can help!

Thanks, Doug
Old 08-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Enochius
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doug@C&L
Our C&L 2013 Gt " No-tuning required" air intake kit not only works with the stock calibration but also has the provisions for the new 2013 GT hood to prevent water intrusion, something EVERY 2013 Gt owner needs to look out for when they're buying.

We can also offer custom tuning using the Diablosport Intune handheld programmer that does NOT leave any trace in the factory PCM.

Just let me know how I can help!

Thanks, Doug
This sounds like BS too me. I've read numerous threads about the trace being unavoidable
Old 08-06-2012, 06:50 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

If they found a different way of tuning it might work. More info Doug? Is it a piggyback unit, or something that can be done on the fly? That would be neat.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone heard about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975?

This make it illegal to void a factor warrenty due to the installation of aftermarket parts. Dealers must prove that the aftermarket part was the cause of the malfunction.

http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm
Old 08-06-2012, 08:30 PM
gs462
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
gs462, I'm looking forward to seeing the dyno results this week. Thanks for posting!

It's always a good idea to talk to your dealer before adding any mods you're unsure of. Let me know if there's anything I can help with!

Shane
Well bone stock numbers are 365 rwhp and 325 rwtq. My programmer should be here tomorrow the mufflers will be on tomorrow during the day, soon as the programmer is done it goes back for comparison numbers.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Doug@C&L
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Enochius
This sounds like BS too me. I've read numerous threads about the trace being unavoidable
This is only available with the Diablosport as they program the PCM differently then the SCT devices. I'm trying to get up with the local dealer to do a video showing more information about this and using the Diablosport Intune to give you guys a understanding about this. I'll keep you all posted as to when I have the information.

For now though, Diablosport states that their Intune does NOT leave any foot print in the PCM after tuning.

Thanks, Doug
Old 08-07-2012, 10:15 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doug@C&L
This is only available with the Diablosport as they program the PCM differently then the SCT devices. I'm trying to get up with the local dealer to do a video showing more information about this and using the Diablosport Intune to give you guys a understanding about this. I'll keep you all posted as to when I have the information.

For now though, Diablosport states that their Intune does NOT leave any foot print in the PCM after tuning.

Thanks, Doug
That's great , but if a tune causes the engine to need work or breaks and if what Diablo is stating is true, I think that someone who removes the intake and reloads the stock tune in an attempt to deceive Ford or the dealership is committing plain out fraud. Why should Ford be required to fix something (if they can't tell the PCM was modified, then what grounds to deny the claim do they have?) that was done by the tune (such as running lean, it happens we all know as sometimes tunes are not quite right and will occationally require tweeking, hence the need to sometime datalog)? I'm certainly not saying or advocating people not modify their cars, as I have certainly done it myself, but I take personal responsibility for my actions. What ever happened to integrity as people?

Just had to say it, albeit probably a very unpopular opinion, so I better get out my flame retardant suit.

Last edited by BigDinTexas; 08-07-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:49 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Warrio17
Has anyone heard about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975?

This make it illegal to void a factor warrenty due to the installation of aftermarket parts. Dealers must prove that the aftermarket part was the cause of the malfunction.

http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm
Dealers don't have to prove anything. They'll just flat out refuse to do warranty work on your car and then you're **** out of luck. What are you going to do, get a lawyer? They'll have better lawyers and and a lot more money.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:51 AM
zindia

Thanks ! I found it really informative.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Len

Originally Posted by scottmach
Dealers don't have to prove anything. They'll just flat out refuse to do warranty work on your car and then you're **** out of luck. What are you going to do, get a lawyer? They'll have better lawyers and and a lot more money.
Unfortunately I agree.

Quick Reply: Advice needed on 2013 GT 6 Speed