Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Advice needed on 2013 GT 6 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 01:07 PM
JQ3_GT

Originally Posted by scottmach
Dealers don't have to prove anything. They'll just flat out refuse to do warranty work on your car and then you're **** out of luck. What are you going to do, get a lawyer? They'll have better lawyers and and a lot more money.
Gotta agree 100%! Yes you may have the "Act" in your favor, but to prove Ford violated it will take BIG money! It'll take maybe 2-3 years to get the case heard, meanwhile, your legal fees are adding up!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:30 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

How can a K&N filter lose power? Next you'll be telling us that no filter loses power.

Any 5w20 is crap for protection. I'd be running a full synthetic 5w40 if I had a new 5.0. The track pack cars spec 5w50 with no difference in the motor. Been using pennzoil platinum 5w30 for years. Amsoil is for people sporting tinfoil hats.

I have nothing against Amsoil. It's a great oil, but the fact that it isn't available anywhere makes me think it's snake oil.

Just read the BS on their website.

Why isn't AMSOIL sold in Walmart?

Walmart approached AMSOIL about carrying our product in their stores. We turned them down.

AMSOIL is a company built by a network of independent dealers and retailers. If we were to market our products through Walmart, Auto Zone, Pep Boys or any other mass marketing conglomerate, it would undermine the very people that built the business. AMSOIL is committed to its dealers and independent retailers and will remain so.

To make sure that there are no large retailers selling our porducts, AMSOIL has created a 12-store rule. This rule dictates that no retailer with more than 12 stores can sell our product.

So in a nutshell, Amsoil is all about the oil and independent dealers, lol! They don't care about making money.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Rob72
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
How can a K&N filter lose power?
If you look at the 2 filters from the top the stock has a larger filter surface area than the K/N.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brenspeed Tests K&N Panel vs. Stock Filter 2011 Mustang 5.0

You asked, so here it is:
A few of you had e-mailed in and asked the power difference between a stock air filter and a high flow drop in filter. We had an open slot on the dyno for a few hours today so we strapped down our 2011 5.0 to give you some data. When we perform data testing for manufactures and our own packages much more time is put into this type of test to monitor various vehicle sensors and data validating but for a quick test I think this will give you the data you are looking for (and it didn’t cost you a penny). Our 2011 5.0 typically is running a Steeda air intake. Because it was already installed on the car we went ahead and made 5 pulls with it as a baseline, then a 30 minute cool down and 5 pulls with a stock air box and new stock air filter, then another 30 minute cool down and 5 pulls with a new K&N panel drop in filter. We then exported the graphs of runs 3, 4, and 5 of each combo and attached them below.

Our opinion after a couple hours of work? High flow cold air intakes do work and make a good amount of power more than the stock air box or high flow panel filter. This isn’t the first time we have ran tests like this and time and time again we see decent gains with a big MAF and high flow cone filter vs. stock air box . Understand we dyno cars on a daily basis so this is pretty basic stuff when looking at the big air intake kits. On the flip side we rarely spend time testing stock air filters vs. other drop in high flow filters so this ended up being a cool test for you and the crew at Brenspeed to check out.

The results in short for you stock filter vs. high flow panel e-mailers: The stock air filter made about the same power as the high flow panel filter. It is possible OEM filters now flow much better than the old days when you swapped a K&N for a stock fox body mustang air filter and could feel a difference. I also think a lot of times when somebody installs a new high flow panel filter and they are removing a dirty stock one and again feeling a small gain in power. Regardless of the data below I wouldn’t feel bad if you have purchased one as they are washable, and re-usable, but not near as high flowing as something like the Steeda, JLT, or C&L 2011 Mustang air intakes . By the way the JLT, Steeda, and C&L all make within 2 HP of each other on our test cars.

Also don’t spend too much time dissecting the panel filters graphs and thinking the stock air filter made 1 more HP than the K&N. Many variables play into the role of the final number and it could have just as easily been reversed if we would have tested them in the opposite order.

Hope this helped answer some of your questions. Have a great day!

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ang-5-0-a.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an oil comparison:

http://www.merchantcircle.com/blogs/...lvoline/914371

It's a subjective arguement to say which oil is the best but I believe that Amsoil is positively one of the best.

Last edited by Rob72; 08-19-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:10 PM
13pony
1st Gear Member

I can hear my cai breath now with the frpp drop in and tune!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:45 PM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

Had my FRPP ProCal tune installed at my dealership yesterday. I've driven a little under 100 miles so far on it and I can say I like it. Not seat of your pants WOW difference but definitely can tell at red lights, etc... it’s there. I'm happy for now. Dealer charged me $50 then I emailed the work order and proof of purchase to the Ford Racing group, minutes later via email they acknowledge that my warranty was registered.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:21 PM
gs462
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mojobama
Had my FRPP ProCal tune installed at my dealership yesterday. I've driven a little under 100 miles so far on it and I can say I like it. Not seat of your pants WOW difference but definitely can tell at red lights, etc... it’s there. I'm happy for now. Dealer charged me $50 then I emailed the work order and proof of purchase to the Ford Racing group, minutes later via email they acknowledge that my warranty was registered.
I didnt know you had to email them the work order, can you PM me details on how to do this.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:14 PM
slyter485
1st Gear Member

Noticeably better throttle response too? Or comparable to stock?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:18 PM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gs462
I didnt know you had to email them the work order, can you PM me details on how to do this.

You will need the receipt/invoice from where you purchased the kit and what Ford calls the RO (work order / invoice) from the dealership showing they installed the tune, the dealership invoice should show the model year, VIN and mileage. If you have a scanner that you can scan these documents then just attach to an email and send to FWRNTY@ford.com and make sure in the email you tell them what it's for (warranty registration). If you cannot email call them at 1-800-367-3788 and they will give you an address to send everything to. Make sure you get something back from them confirming your warranty is registered.

Hope this helps
Old 08-22-2012, 09:25 PM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by slyter485
Noticeably better throttle response too? Or comparable to stock?
Definitely noticeable better throttle response, but like I said not a HOLY #$^ thing, it’s a very civilized tune. As others have stated before and in my opinion this is the way it should have come from the factory.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:16 AM
gs462
1st Gear Member

You will need the receipt/invoice from where you purchased the kit and what Ford calls the RO (work order / invoice) from the dealership showing they installed the tune, the dealership invoice should show the model year, VIN and mileage. If you have a scanner that you can scan these documents then just attach to an email and send to FWRNTY@ford.com and make sure in the email you tell them what it's for (warranty registration). If you cannot email call them at 1-800-367-3788 and they will give you an address to send everything to. Make sure you get something back from them confirming your warranty is registered.

Hope this helps
Great thanks I knew nothing of this how did you find out about it?

Quick Reply: Advice needed on 2013 GT 6 Speed