Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

BBK LT's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 10:07 PM
UofHmustang
2nd Gear Member

Default BBK LT's?

I tried to find some threads on them using the search but nothing came up for the Coyote Mustangs. Are they just not good quality or something? They're half the price of most other brands.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

I personally think BBK makes great products, they are used very often in magazine builds I read in 5.0 Mustangs and SF magazine.

Probably because they are the cheapest.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:18 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

BBK 24.66 rwhp and 13.67 rwtq (w/CATS) (stangtv)
Kooks 25 rwhp peak (H-pipe w/cats) (brenspeed) (28 rwhp AM)
ARH 22-25 rwhp gain (X-Pipe w/cats) (JLT Performance)
SW 22 rwhp 4 ft lbs (X-pipe w/cats (musclemustangfastfords.com)

Seems right on par with every other system. IDK, maybe they are eating the cost since they make more than just exhaust, or everyone else is price gouging. I'd like the kooks 1. Fewer problems with the tuning due to the "mid-length" O2 bung and 2. boss quad compatible h-pipe. But after looking at the different results maybe BBK is the way to go.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:54 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

They're not really half the price once you add a mid pipe to fit. I've had bad issues with BBK fitment and longevity a few years back and I stopped using them, hoping quality has improved because I believe they are still made in USA. I know ARH headers are each one hand made from the best raw materials all sourced in the USA and they have construction techniques to ensure they will be the only headers you'll need to buy for as long as this car is on the road. I must add I am a bit biased for ARH being they're 30min from me and I've been to they manufacturing facilities a number of times.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 PM
UofHmustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
They're not really half the price once you add a mid pipe to fit. I've had bad issues with BBK fitment and longevity a few years back and I stopped using them, hoping quality has improved because I believe they are still made in USA. I know ARH headers are each one hand made from the best raw materials all sourced in the USA and they have construction techniques to ensure they will be the only headers you'll need to buy for as long as this car is on the road. I must add I am a bit biased for ARH being they're 30min from me and I've been to they manufacturing facilities a number of times.
I included the mid pipe in my comparisons. On Amazon the ceramic coated headers and off-road x-pipe came out to $700. All the other setups are around 1,200-1,500.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Schutzhund
1st Gear Member

love mine real good quality product.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:56 PM
UofHmustang
2nd Gear Member

Can I just get a mail order tune once I install them? Not really wanting to spend hundreds more on a dyno tune but will if it's necessary.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:57 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

$700 doesn't sound right for eveything, I hope you're not looking at the cheap crap. I checked checked Amazon and most of those headers aren't listed as 304-SS. You need 304SS or else it's just gonna rot and rust away and install on these motors is too much of a PITA to keep doing it over.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:09 AM
UofHmustang
2nd Gear Member

BBK brand name and verified with the part number on their site.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Schutzhund
1st Gear Member

And yes American muscle with bama sends you tunes

Quick Reply: BBK LT's?