Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Finally ordered the FRPP tune,,1 ? though

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 06:03 PM
mustangergt
1st Gear Member

Default Finally ordered the FRPP tune,,1 ? though

I want to thank all out there that have been reading and responding to the many threads I have started.

I ordered today the Ford Racing upgrade, ProCal and K&N.
Dealer to install where I bought the car. They first told me $975 but after I made a call to someone I know in service and not go through the aftermarket dept, they are going to do it all for $468, installed.

Now one question. Don't know if anyone who has installed the ProCal Ford tuner, but, can I afterwards , install the C&L CAI, no tune one, and it be okay?

Thanks everyone
Old 09-05-2012, 06:41 PM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

I believe if you get the no tune version you'll be fine, but I would not expect any performance gains from this it would be purely a cosmetic upgrade.
Don't forget to register you tune with FRPP after the dealer installs. Just send them your proof of purchase invoice from who you purchased it from and the RA (work order) from the dealer showing they installed it (they want to see make, model, year, mileage on the work order). If you have a scanner you can email everything to them at fwrnty@ford.com or call them at 800-367-3788 to get a mailing address to send everything to them. Remember it's not registered until you do this.
Hope this helps
Old 09-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Once you receive the tuner by mail. Are you supposed to email FRPP specs about your car? And they in return will email you the tune? Am I getting that correct? I am supposed to receive my tuner Friday/ tomorrow and want to schedule my appt with the dealer for install.

Mojobama, can you tell me the steps to have everything in order for installation or does it come with instructions.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2012, 01:48 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Congrats on your purchase
Old 09-06-2012, 02:14 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Warrio17
Once you receive the tuner by mail. Are you supposed to email FRPP specs about your car? And they in return will email you the tune? Am I getting that correct? I am supposed to receive my tuner Friday/ tomorrow and want to schedule my appt with the dealer for install.

Mojobama, can you tell me the steps to have everything in order for installation or does it come with instructions.

Thanks
Once you fill out the voucher redemption online, FRPP will ship you the tuner with an MMC card with the tune loaded on it... This process is nothing like the one BAMA has as there is really no mods that this tune supports, e.g. O/R X or long tubes... it is meant to be run on an otherwise stock motor with the only change you can do being a "No Tune Required" CAI... The tuner itself will allow the modification of wheel/tire sizes and rear end ratio, but that's it since that does not require the creation of a new tune.

You asked for directions to load, and the tuner will come with them, but I thought the dealer was going to install it?

Don
Old 09-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Instructions on what to do to get the tune. You pretty much sumed it up. Yes the dealer will be doing the install.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:49 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

No benefits from installing a not tune required CAI with the Procal.

Last edited by scottmach; 09-06-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:43 PM
mustangergt
1st Gear Member

Default CAI and ProCal

I called Ford Racing and talked to a tech today regarding just that, a no tune CAI , such as Roush or C&L, installing it while using the ProCal race tune.
He said: Don't do it!!!!

I have a 2013 GT/CS with an auto.
He said: if after installing the ProCal, you want more speed, change gears to 3:73.

But do not install any "no tune CAI" with ProCal.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:56 PM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

BigDinTexas covered everything, I'll add that after you fill out the online information they ship FedEx overnight so you'll get it right away!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Perfect. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Finally ordered the FRPP tune,,1 ? though