Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Procal loaded today...my thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time..." Sorry.. had to do it... Luckily for me, it wasn't about the drag strip, but rather the noticeable improvement to driving my car... Count me as another satisfied FRPP tune owner... That said, once my warranty is up, I'll probably opt for more bolt-ons and will have to get a tune from one of our notable vendors here...

Don
I second this. Truly a great product, very pleased with mine.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:03 AM
P51C
2nd Gear Member

My experience at the track (1/4 mile) with Procal:

So far, my 3800 pound race weight, 3.73/MT82 car has gone 12.6 at 112 on the PC. That's on wasted 7 year old 255 BFG drag radials I had from an older car. A 28" bias ET Street is my next plan and I predict an improvement on that ET.

My goal, lofty as it is, is to try and shove this car into the 11s without removing any weight, on just the PC and tires.

Reality whispers in my ear that it'll probably settle in the low 12s at best but, I'm going to try to do better.

However, I usually race my drag bike and our season is ending soon so, this goal may wait a while before I get back to it.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I remain completely satisfied with my Procal tune. I like it far better than the several Bama/Steeda tunes I tried. The car feels strong and idles and drives perfectly. My advice on the K&N filter that comes with it is to sell it or throw it away. Those have dyno-proven losses on these cars. I ran mine with the stock paper filter for a bit, then added the Roush intake which pretty much was a sound mod. I was unhappy with the other tunes and intakes within days of installing them, but I haven't even given a thought to removing this FRPP one. Its great.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:35 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Ford made a great car and Ford Racing made a great tune! I drive my car every day and the Procal made is so much more fun. Love the low-end power I can actually use, as opposed to red-line power I have to be racing to appreciate. Couldn't be happier with my Procal and the peace of mind is just a bonus.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:36 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

PS There is a guy selling one for a good price on SVTP right now.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:16 PM
yardstick

Smile

Originally Posted by mustangergt
I ordered the Ford Racing tune, Procal tuner, thru the dealer for what you all know ,,warranty..went last Friday to dealer, they installed the k&n. Told me the Procal will arrive at my house in a day or two. They also said I could just install the tune, no need for them to install as it is really simple. 1,2,3, done.
I have bought 4 cars thru this dealer. they know me well and me them.

So loaded tune this evening. I have a 2013 GT/CS with automatic. 3:15 gear stock.
Before tune, traction off, advance trak off. Floor it, no wheel spin, launch very good, car goes pretty fast. NOW with Procal.

Traction ON, Advance trak ON, floor it,,wheel spin car launchs with power, goes very fast, quickly. I cannt imagine changing gears in rear. Car would be insane.

This tune is really something.
That is really strange about wheelspin before the tune as we just bought a 13 GT/CS, auto and a 13 GT premium.

When test driving the gt/cs, we turned around on the highway turnaround and maybe was doing 3-5 mph in the merge lane looking for a hole in traffic. When the hole appeared, I floored it. split second we were fishtailing and laying rubber. the nannies were on...I did not turn them off. Lol. That convinced me to buy that car and trade a 12 camaro ss for the GT premium/manual tranny

love both cars :-)
Old 09-25-2012, 04:23 PM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

frpp tune just seems like the right tune if you want that lil more that ford has hidden under the mat other tunes are for hardcore numbers guys... DYNO Numbers are God!!!! type
Old 09-25-2012, 06:26 PM
UofHmustang
2nd Gear Member

I noticed a comment about mpg's. Will they go up with only the frpp tuner? I'm doing headers and a tune next month and wonder if I'll see the same.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 AM
P51C
2nd Gear Member

MPG will go up with the procal but it won't support headers or other breathing mods. It is designed for an otherwise stock car. you are on your own trying it with other breathing mods. frankly, if you're going that way anyway, I'd get your car custom tuned. Not the BS that is a box tune but an actual dyno/datalog tune for your specific car.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:25 AM
UofHmustang
2nd Gear Member

I am, but for some reason I still have to buy a scanner and then load the file. With my last car they just plugged directly into the computer and changed whatever they needed to.

Quick Reply: Procal loaded today...my thoughts