Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Traction Control Disable???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 02:05 PM
OneShotOneKiller

Default Traction Control Disable???

Hey members, I'm a noob to the mustang forum as well as a noob to my mustang. I just bought a 2013 GT two weeks ago and have done the mods you see in the sig. A few times I have been driving and romped the pedal and the car acts like the transmission slips. I am pretty sure this is the traction control or AdvancTrac kicking in.

I've been told I may have issues because of the staggered tire setup that I put on thee car but was told that I could throw an SCT Flash tuner on it to disable the AdvanceTrac permanently.

I have searched high and low in the settings of the SCT with no luck finding this feature. Do any of you know anything about this or know a solution to permanently disable the AdvanceTrac? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:41 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

You cannot use the SCT to disable AdvanceTrac permanently. All you need to do is hold the brake pedal down and hold the button for 5-10 seconds every time you start it up and it will shut everything off. It explains it all in your owners manual. That fact that you have different size tires has nothing to do with it. You didn't specify if you have the auto or the manual. Also if you are running the tune that came on the SCT I would get a custom tune from someone. The SCT tune is known to add too much timing. Not good.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:21 PM
OneShotOneKiller

Thanks for the response. Yes, I forgot to mention that it is auto trans and canned tune from SCT. I'm going to order a custom tune just haven't got around to it yet. I know that you can disable AdvanceTrac with the brake pedal and button but that gets old.

Thanks for the warning on the canned tune, I'll take it back off until I get a custom tune. Maybe the tuner is what is causing the problem I'm having....
Old 09-24-2012, 06:38 PM
OneShotOneKiller

Update: Took the SCT tune off the car yesterday and have had no more issues with it. Gonna get a custom tune tomorrow I reckon. Who has the best and safest tune? I've heard mention of a cylinder 8 issue, but don't know anything about it.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

There are several good tuners out there but for the autos Justin @ VMP is very well known. That's what I have and it's been a great tune. The #8 is a thing of the past.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:40 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Of course my vote goes to Steeda....
Old 09-24-2012, 10:32 PM
OneShotOneKiller

Thanks guys, I'll check them both out.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:07 PM
SirJAG

AED, call and talk to him..great guy.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:47 AM
wicked400ex

Originally Posted by OneShotOneKiller
Hey members, I'm a noob to the mustang forum as well as a noob to my mustang. I just bought a 2013 GT two weeks ago and have done the mods you see in the sig. A few times I have been driving and romped the pedal and the car acts like the transmission slips. I am pretty sure this is the traction control or AdvancTrac kicking in.

I've been told I may have issues because of the staggered tire setup that I put on thee car but was told that I could throw an SCT Flash tuner on it to disable the AdvanceTrac permanently.

I have searched high and low in the settings of the SCT with no luck finding this feature. Do any of you know anything about this or know a solution to permanently disable the AdvanceTrac? Thanks in advance.
It's in the owners manual, while pushing the brake, hold down the traction control button until the light/message is displayed that advanced trac is off. You'll need to do this each time you start the car.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:55 AM
POMBCHSTANG

I went with Steeda after a crap tune I got from somewhere else & it's awesome now along with the Triax shifter great combo. Funny thing is I foundout about the Sport Mode option way just recently! Now were talking nasty!!
Plus you can activate it while driving. Just step on the brake a little and double click the traction control button. Then I press OK. Now your ready to rock!
Saw it on YouTube. Go for it!!!!

Quick Reply: Traction Control Disable???