Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Intake/Tune???

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 AM
25bduse

Also, which tuner itself is the best. As far as displaying parameters and such.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 PM
25bduse

I am installing my Airaid CAI and loading my bama tune Friday. Any tips?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 25bduse
Follow the instructions & have fun! You will never go back to a stock tune!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

The intake is self explanatory as for the tuner.... Make sure e devices firmware is updated and right after you tune it, datalog it on your laptop and send it in to BAMA to dial it in.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 PM
25bduse

Originally Posted by Slowbra302
The intake is self explanatory as for the tuner.... Make sure e devices firmware is updated and right after you tune it, datalog it on your laptop and send it in to BAMA to dial it in.
How do you make sure its updated? Also, how does the data logging work?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

How do you make sure its updated? Also, how does the data logging work?
Okay. So download SCT software for the device and en perform and auto update. Next next next and you would be good. Also, ensure you have backpack copies of the 3 tunes they give you and your stock tune file.

For data logging. Ask BAMA to send you their PDF with instructions. You will need livelink II software. Basically you will plug your tuner into the car and a laptop into the tuner. You use the software on the laptop to monitor specific parameters through the tuner. It turns at into an excel document you send to them. Easy peasy after the first time running it. I have had them revise my tune multiple times and it just keep getting better. Once I have them double verify this, I will be done.

Anything else, let me know!

Side note: always revert to stock when switching tune profiles. No one told me that and I locked my ECU out.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 PM
25bduse

Originally Posted by Slowbra302
Okay. So download SCT software for the device and en perform and auto update. Next next next and you would be good. Also, ensure you have backpack copies of the 3 tunes they give you and your stock tune file.

For data logging. Ask BAMA to send you their PDF with instructions. You will need livelink II software. Basically you will plug your tuner into the car and a laptop into the tuner. You use the software on the laptop to monitor specific parameters through the tuner. It turns at into an excel document you send to them. Easy peasy after the first time running it. I have had them revise my tune multiple times and it just keep getting better. Once I have them double verify this, I will be done.

Anything else, let me know!

Side note: always revert to stock when switching tune profiles. No one told me that and I locked my ECU out.
How would I keep backpack copies
Old 12-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

How would I keep backpack copies
So if BAMA sent you the device with tunes preloaded, email or call them and request an email with all the tunes. Once you get them save them n a folder. You should be able to pull your stock tune off the device after you tune it. Easy as pie. Think of the device like a thumb drive I guess. Let me know for more questions
Old 12-22-2012, 06:23 PM
65sohc

Since the last post was two weeks ago I'm hoping all went well and that my comments are moot but I'll make them anyway. While well-intentioned I think you're making this a lot more complicated than it needs to be. All the X-cals from American Muscle and Steeda already have updated firmware. Just plug it in, follow the prompts and you're done. The only advice I would give is to turn off all electrical components before you start the process, meaning HVAC, audio system, automatic headlights, and don't carry your cellphone. Anything that could cause a voltage fluctuation could potentially interrupt the process and leave you dead in the water. As far as datalogging, if it runs good don't worry about it. I say this only because the guy installing the intake and tune is obviously new to the game and I'm sure 90% of the tunes Bama sends out are fine as is. Datalogging is great. I do it, but it certainly isn't mandatory.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Visage
1st Gear Member

I was going to start a new thread for this but am saying screw it and asking here: what Intake/Tune did you guys get and what was the reason? Be honest. If it was because it's cheapest, then say so, but if you did your research on it and you decided it was the top candidate to you, then state that or the other way; it was the most expensive so it has to be good.

Quick Reply: Intake/Tune???