Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New wheels new look!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

Wink

Originally Posted by UberDuper
Looks great.
Should get my gloss black set tomorrow.
Post some pics right awaaayy!!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:58 PM
UberDuper
1st Gear Member

Well I just talked to latemodelrestoration about it and they stand behind this. So here's the pictures of what I received today.

No paint from the wall of the lug well to the bevel.

Clearly, the lug nuts wont be hiding this.

And be warned. These are the valve stems you get on black wheels. The black spline lug kit that includes valve stems.. They aren't black valve stems and they don't install them anyway because the stems (pictured) are part of the tpms module.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:45 PM
joe95 gt
2nd Gear Member

whe i got my SVE drifts a couple of days ago, i put them on and went to the alignment shop same thing here. the wheels were tilted in pretty bad, the guy at the shop said this is a common thing on the new mustangs
Old 03-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by joe95 gt
whe i got my SVE drifts a couple of days ago, i put them on and went to the alignment shop same thing here. the wheels were tilted in pretty bad, the guy at the shop said this is a common thing on the new mustangs
From all the new Fords I've ever bought, I don't think they ever heard of wheel alignment at the factory.
As soon as I pulled away from the frame and axle shop where I had it done yesterday I immediately felt big improvement in steering feel. Much smoother and the car rolls much smoother and easier too.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:52 PM
UberDuper
1st Gear Member

I added some paint to fill in the lug wells. A couple extra minutes on the painting process would pay off in higher customer satisfaction. Vendors should demand this from the reproduction manufacturers.
Meh iphone pics. Accidentally had HDR on. Started raining before I could get some more.

I was hoping for a wider stance front and back. I may still pursue spacers. The wheels look great on there so overall I'm happy. Tho this is the last time I buy no-name repros.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

New wheels really make it look better!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:31 PM
90_notch
1st Gear Member

Love the wheels on that color car. Looks awesome!

Last edited by 90_notch; 03-23-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-23-2013, 10:11 PM
SmokeyBait05R

big fan of the wheels! looks sweet
Old 03-24-2013, 02:06 AM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by UberDuper
I added some paint to fill in the lug wells. A couple extra minutes on the painting process would pay off in higher customer satisfaction. Vendors should demand this from the reproduction manufacturers.
Meh iphone pics. Accidentally had HDR on. Started raining before I could get some more.

I was hoping for a wider stance front and back. I may still pursue spacers. The wheels look great on there so overall I'm happy. Tho this is the last time I buy no-name repros.
Those wheels look great on that car. The paint thing is somewhat a drag but, nobody but you an us knows about it! And ya can't even tell there was an issue now. Good fix.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Juice5.0

Originally Posted by Slammintone
Those are Ford Racing Boss 302LS (Laguna Seca) rims, 19x9 front and 19x10 rear with Mickey Thompson 255/40-19s and 285/35-19s. My original rims were the standard 18x8s as seen below:

EDIT: Got the rims at Ford Racing Parts Direct

What made you choose the Mickey Thompson tires? What other tires did you compare these too before making your decision?

I am in the market for tires and haven't looked at the Mickey Thompson's yet.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: New wheels new look!