Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Just picked up a 5.0 auto, PLEASE help (pic inside)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 02:09 AM
05LGT
1st Gear Member

Default Just picked up a 5.0 auto, PLEASE help (pic inside)

Ok so I just brought home a 2012 GT with the automatic transmission. Now, from everything I researched and now know, the automatic's have one more vacuum line on the intake making a total of 3. Well my car has an aftermarket AFE intake and it has 3 nipples on the intake tube, but only 2 are being used (one of which is the sound tube). So I have no idea whats up! Some please chime in

Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  74.9 KB

As you can see, that 3rd little nipple is plugged up and not used, but where is it supposed to go? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-07-2013, 07:22 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

That runs to the valve cover. It looks like the hose wouldn't fit that spot on the intake so it was just removed. Won't hurt anything but I've never heard of that intake before. I would put the stock one back on if you have it.

Last edited by scottmach; 04-07-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:13 AM
05LGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by scottmach
That runs to the valve cover. It looks like the hose wouldn't fit that spot on the intake so it was just removed. Won't hurt anything but I've never heard of that intake before. I would put the stock one back on if you have it.
Can u show me or describe me where exactly? And I plan to put the stock intake back on ASAP so how will I get that vacuum line? Is it already on my car or is it missing completely?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

It's missing completely. Look at the bottom of your pic and you'll see the black thing sticking up from your valve cover. That's where the hose goes. But you would need that specific part as it's not just a normal hose. But if you put the stock CAI back on all you would really need to do is cap that end off. It's not hurting anything. You can see what I did with a breather here.
Attached Thumbnails Just picked up a 5.0 auto, PLEASE help (pic inside)-breather-2.jpg  
Old 04-07-2013, 11:27 AM
05LGT
1st Gear Member

Hey first off thanks man I really appreciate the help. After looking at ur pic, I realized its not the fitting to the valve cover that I'm missing, it's the other one. Ill put up a pic in a second. Where does the other one go? And how can I find a part number for that hose required to go from the nipple to that area underneath the engine cover. I believe that's the one I'm missing based on your car.

I'm just trying to bring it back to completely stock
Old 04-07-2013, 11:35 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

What you're missing is exactly what I said. There are three things that come off the intake on an auto. The sound tube, hose that runs to the brake booster, and the hose that runs to the valve cover.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:46 AM
05LGT
1st Gear Member

Name:  photo4.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  61.5 KB

Ok as you can see I have the sound tube, the line from the intake to the valve cover, so I'm missing the one to the brake booster?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

You have two not hooked up. The one that's supposed to go where the valve cover is is just dangling there. It's not snapped in. The smaller one that's capped off is the one that goes to the brake booster and acts as a check valve. Both need to be fixed.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:47 PM
05LGT
1st Gear Member

Ah man this is a mess. I'm just gonna take it to ford and have them clean this up. Will this void the warranty? The car only has 4k miles
Old 04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

I don't understand the problem. The hose that goes to the valve cover is right there dangling under the sound tube. Just reach down and snap it in place. I bet the one for the brake booster is tucked under the engine cover. As far as warranty with that intake it may open up a can of worms.

Quick Reply: Just picked up a 5.0 auto, PLEASE help (pic inside)