Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Possible MT-82 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Just dropped of the car. Talked with the service rep about my tune and mods. He recommended that I return car to stock tune incase they need to update it (which I am sure they will, I never go to the dealership lol). So returned it to stock and handed it over at 12872 miles. They seem willing to help me and said if they keep it over night I would rate a rental car, also they would shuttle me anywhere I needed to go now lol. Feels good so far and they are referencing a TSB in order to check out the clutch for the flywheel bolts being backed out. Cross your fingers gents!!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:25 PM
joeymustang
2nd Gear Member

I haven't seen the video but by your description it seems to me that you TOB (throw out bearing) is going whack
Old 05-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

So everything checked out. The pulled the inspection plate and saw no damage or abnormalities. They drove it for 6 miles and couldnt replicate the noise under the stock tune. So when I showed up the guy asked me to re-tune to my bama am and be listened to it for a bit and said it was so hard to hear he wouldn't sweat it. It only happens with the cam tune at idle with the clutch released. He said I have super hearing and am being over cautious (which is a good thing). He then said if it gets worse or anything else comes up revert to stock and if I still hear it, bring it in and they will get in there lol. Overall best dealership experience ever!!! ( apparently he auto x's on his spare time). I left every mod on my car and had 0 issues. Thanks for the help again guys, but it looks like we are all good!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:01 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

That is always good to hear when someone has a good experience at a dealer. Looks like you have been hooked up with a great one. Any dealer that is willing to actually understand that all mods do not trace back to a problem is a big plus now days. Great to hear Slowbra302.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:27 PM
5.0Yeah!
1st Gear Member

Sometimes you have to make clear that if they refuse to fix a warranty issue, after you had done everything on your part, than Ford corporate will be contacted. And make sure that you ask them if they routinely try to get people to pay for things that should be warrantied while other customers are around. It scares them into doing what they are supposed to sometimes. I have had to deal with Palm Coast Ford a few times and in this town, it is the way you have to do business.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:37 PM
P51C
2nd Gear Member

I'd like to know where this "inspection plate" is on this integrated bellhousing trans.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by P51C
I'd like to know where this "inspection plate" is on this integrated bellhousing trans.
I thought long and hard before trying to post something technical that I am super unfamiliar with. I tried my best to recall actually verbiage. Supposedly tere is a plate of sorts that would display markings or something to that effect if the flywheel bolts actually backed out. Correct me if I am wrong please. No problem calling them back if something is fishy fishy.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 PM
5.0Yeah!
1st Gear Member

If you are close to another dealership, I would recommend getting them to check it out.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:57 PM
P51C
2nd Gear Member

Get them to put it up on the hoist and show you the "inspection plate" they removed. I've been under my car plenty and there ain't one I can see. There's no way you can look at the clutch on this car without pulling the transmission.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:21 AM
5.0Yeah!
1st Gear Member

I found an article in Mustangs Daily that discussed problems with the MT82 transmission. I personally have not had any, but like anything mass produced, there are bound to be problems with some.

Quick Reply: Possible MT-82 Issue