Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #31
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by P51C View Post
you know what? I appreciate your forthright honesty and admission as to how you treat the car. Every one that slips a warranty claim past the dealer/Ford that is rooted in abuse makes getting warranty coverage for legitimate claims that much harder. I had a hell of a time convincing the dealer and Ford that my transmission that croaked in 3000 miles with zero abuse wasn't my fault.

If I light my clutch up at this stage 17 months in, I'll just pull it and install a better one myself. It's a two day driveway job, maximum, if you organize yourself; gotta love rear drive for ease in this area.
You know, I read, read and read countless forms and articles about horror stories and everything pertaining to warranties. I thought to myself you know what screw it. I took it in fully modded and just got super lucky te guy I was working with auto crosses on the weekends lol. He told me to revert my tune incase they needed to update. I told him straight up this car was my Bi*** and I let her know it everyday. I mean why lie about mods or how you drive? WHY BUY A PERFORMANCE VEHICLE AND NOT LET IT PERFORM?!?!? Really chaps my *** sometimes. I mean I drive it super easy a times too! I can get 28.6 mpg highway and 16.3 city if I need / want to but that is not my concern. Sometimes I feel people think these techs tell how you treat your vehcile lol. My clutch disc blew up will accelerating in 4th gear a 3500 rpm, that means it was abused with aggressive high rpm shifts since day one with NO breakin!!! If I drove with improper use it would have failed while shifting or something. So I know it, they know it, why hide it haha.

Sorry for the long post but I figure you keep it straight if something actually fails, they will take care of me. The tech even recommends the shop I towed it to lol.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2013 Mustang GT Premium, Black, GT Track Package, Manual, Glass Roof, 3.73, BBK 3 inch Cat deletes, FlowMaster Outlaw 3 inch Cat-back, Steeda CAI, Steeda Tri-ax Short Throw w/ bracket, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, 91 Race and Performance BAMA Cam Tunes

*RIP* 1995 SVT Cobra, Rio Red, 342hp;362tq - 76,363 miles.
Slowbra302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #32
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Default NEW CLUTCH INSTALLED!!!

Here we are just drove home on my regular performance tune with my brand new clutch. I must say, I have had a bad clutch since the dealership i picked it up from with no miles! The guy said one of the springs had been worn for a long time. My clutches throw has always been up top at the last couple inches before it grabs and it would sometimes double grab, i just got used to it. Now for the new clutch...

This thing is sharp! Grabs as soon as the pedal comes of the floor! when it bites it bites! Does have a very feint chatter when it initially begins to grab but nothing a performance clutch doesnt have. This is my first true performance clutch and i have driven 9 miles on it without breaking 2100 rpms and i must say I LOVE IT!! Should have changed my clutch first! Little stiffer grabs well and just feels better! All my shifting problems are gone! Car drives like it should have from the get go!

Now this thread will be dead as there is zero issues with my transmission and clutch now, but here are some pictures for you!!!!!!

PS We decided against the puck disc and went with an aggressive full disc and wouldnt change it for the world! 741 more miles until break in!!

2013 Mustang GT Premium, Black, GT Track Package, Manual, Glass Roof, 3.73, BBK 3 inch Cat deletes, FlowMaster Outlaw 3 inch Cat-back, Steeda CAI, Steeda Tri-ax Short Throw w/ bracket, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, 91 Race and Performance BAMA Cam Tunes

Old 05-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #33
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 GT 5.0 prem.

Please don't tell me you had a new version of your old clutch installed by the dealership! Please tell me you upgraded to a better engineered after market clutch! If not why do you have faith in the stock clutch?
2012 GT Premium, Paxton 2200 sl,Tial 50 mm bov, Tremec Magnum 6 speed manual, 4:10 Gears, Whiteline lca,steeda adj uca,relocation brackets, Sway bars, watts link, Steeda sport springs, Steeda hd strut mounts, Takico D-spec struts and shocks, Tremec shifter GT-500 Axle Backs...SW x pipe, Dynotech d/s, JLT big air Intake, Rev auto 93 dyno tune, Cervinis Cobra r hood.
Need a used car in Delaware?
www.newmanscarsde.com
dominant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #34
P51C
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 12 Mustang GT

Puck discs can be brutal in DD use.

....and yeah...tough passing this off as warrantable. To actually shatter those damping springs takes one hell of a shock load.

I've seen a lot worse though.
P51C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #35
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominant1 View Post
Please don't tell me you had a new version of your old clutch installed by the dealership! Please tell me you upgraded to a better engineered after market clutch! If not why do you have faith in the stock clutch?
Nope, should read the thread. I towed it to a transmission shop to get one fabricated that is rated for 600 lbs of torque.

Quote:
Puck discs can be brutal in DD use.

....and yeah...tough passing this off as warrantable. To actually shatter those damping springs takes one hell of a shock load.

I've seen a lot worse though.
Yea after we talked a few hours later he called me back and said we shouldn't use that puck. Super glad with this full disc.

Yea originally we thought only two, then I found the third lol.... Only 2 legitimate clutch dumps for burnouts (tires are too expensive lol)

Either way, put about 30 miles on the car so far (no cam tune until broke in) and this thing drives so well! It has the best manners it has ever had! No bucking, double grabbing or anything! The chatter is so feint i can only hear it in my garage. It feels so sturdy and wish i would have swapped it as my first mod!

Reckon I will continue on breaking it in and once i hit 750 miles, gonna run her through the gears and let you know how the performance side grabs.

Really makes me wonder how i drove the car on that weak stock clutch...

Old 05-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #36
P51C
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 12 Mustang GT

not filling me with confidence as I've done dozens of 5000 rpm clutch dumps, on slicks at the track. So far all seems fine but.....
P51C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #37
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
not filling me with confidence as I've done dozens of 5000 rpm clutch dumps, on slicks at the track. So far all seems fine but.....
Yea it surprised me as we'll. that's why I though it would last a little longer. My cobras clutch lasted 63k with a hell of a lot of dumps and hard launches. So I have one burnout, dumped at 4 grand, one dumped at 6 grand rolling burnout and I road the cars clutch once in traffic while giving the guy a finger.... Was too focused on him and its the only time I smelled the clutch ever, it's on or off not in between haha. I was constantly over 5 grand. Oooooooo wait I forgot the mention I would engine break every time!! I never use my brakes lol. Engine breaks 90% of the time ride the clutch up to 3grand then slows and downshift again up to 3 grand. I mean every light or stop sign or anything. That could of done it too lol

Old 05-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #38
joe95 gt
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT RTR #75
josephcarman1982

Man I gotta stop reading these things you guys make me scared as hell to go drive my stang. I work for the railroad and was making good money at one point but just like a lot of other people my job and pay are slowly taking a dive. Pay has dropped about $1000 every two weeks and I don't have money to dump into the car right now. I sure hope nothing big goes wrong anytime soon.

2013 Mustang GT Premium RTR #075
Recaro leather seats, Brembo brake pkg, 3.73's

Last edited by joe95 gt; 05-21-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: not finished
joe95 gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #39
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe95 gt View Post
Man I gotta stop reading these things you guys make me scared as hell to go drive my stang. I work for the railroad and was making good money at one point but just like a lot of other people my job and pay are slowly taking a dive. Pay has dropped about $1000 every two weeks and I don't have money to dump into the car right now. I sure hope nothing big goes wrong anytime soon.
Why be scared? Just drive it within reason. It's not like I had an extra 1600 lying around, my savings and credit card took a hit. Pay to play, and I okay hard. You will be fine, I beat the snot of of my clutch so it was only natural. I am sure your good lol

Old 05-21-2013, 04:13 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement