Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Default Possible MT-82 Issue

Been a while since i have had any real issues, but this concerns me. This has gotten worse and worse and i just noticed it about 2 weeks ago.

There is a rattling coming from the transmission. Very feint inside the car and only happens when not in a gear and the clutch is released. Push in the clutch and you cant really hear it.

I have an appointment Wednesday morning and i need some advice. I have 12.6k miles and mods listed in the sig. I plan on reverting the tune to stock and the airbox as well. Should i take the shifter back to stock as well? I have never been to the dealership other than once. Should i change anything or saw screw it, none of my mods affect the trans. Lastly, i am currently running Redline MTL. Should i do a quick swap back to the factory stuff or it shouldnt be a problem as it is within spec?

What do you think the noise is? Sounds something bouncing around to me. I really hear the fly wheel sometimes. And drive it hard as **** to boot. I wouldnt mind getting this warrantied if it has to, just want to make my odds better, if not oh well lol.

Thoughts please =)

Oh and where is all this hot water (condensation) dripping on me from lol. Never noticed it.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2013 Mustang GT Premium, Black, GT Track Package, Manual, Glass Roof, 3.73, BBK 3 inch Cat deletes, FlowMaster Outlaw 3 inch Cat-back, Steeda CAI, Steeda Tri-ax Short Throw w/ bracket, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, 91 Race and Performance BAMA Cam Tunes

*RIP* 1995 SVT Cobra, Rio Red, 342hp;362tq - 76,363 miles.

Last edited by Slowbra302; 04-26-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Slowbra302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 GT 5.0 prem.

Never heard a sound like that before! The dealer should fix or replace it. you dont have any mods that would contribute to that issue!
2012 GT Premium, Paxton 2200 sl,Tial 50 mm bov, Tremec Magnum 6 speed manual, 4:10 Gears, Whiteline lca,steeda adj uca,relocation brackets, Sway bars, watts link, Steeda sport springs, Steeda hd strut mounts, Takico D-spec struts and shocks, Tremec shifter GT-500 Axle Backs...SW x pipe, Dynotech d/s, JLT big air Intake, Rev auto 93 dyno tune, Cervinis Cobra r hood. Kooks ss shorties,Kooks race bullet mufflers, and much more!
dominant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #3
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 GT, MT82, 3.73's. Borla S Type , Steeda tuned

I am with dominant1. Take it in as is. Red Line meets the same lube specs as Ford's stuff does. I am seeing a trend here of people freaking out when something happens and they want to return everything to stock to get warranty service done. Don't sweat that. You have nothing on your car that should make that suspicious. Mods that most of us do are the ones to correct Ford's short cuts. Your shifter is one example. Keep us posted on how it turn out. You will be fine.
mapitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Yea, I think I should at least swap the tune to a normal uncammed one don't ya think? Really appreciate y'all's input also.

Any thoughts on the noise?

2013 Mustang GT Premium, Black, GT Track Package, Manual, Glass Roof, 3.73, BBK 3 inch Cat deletes, FlowMaster Outlaw 3 inch Cat-back, Steeda CAI, Steeda Tri-ax Short Throw w/ bracket, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, 91 Race and Performance BAMA Cam Tunes

Old 04-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

I would remove the cam tune with just the 93 octane tune that you have and leave it at that. As far as the noise it is really hard for me to tell what it could be on any Youtube video. So many things. It could be a bolt that has backed out, a broke clutch finger, or even the slave cylinder flopping around. I am a maintenance mechanic and noises are real hard to trouble shoot at times. Could be a bearing the way it sounds though. On the other side I could listen to your idle time after time! Beautiful sound!
Old 04-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapitts View Post
I would remove the cam tune with just the 93 octane tune that you have and leave it at that. As far as the noise it is really hard for me to tell what it could be on any Youtube video. So many things. It could be a bolt that has backed out, a broke clutch finger, or even the slave cylinder flopping around. I am a maintenance mechanic and noises are real hard to trouble shoot at times. Could be a bearing the way it sounds though. On the other side I could listen to your idle time after time! Beautiful sound!
Thanks for the compliments man! I love this car to death! So I will take you advice and swap to a regular tune. Hard to say but the clutch is the most noisy of everything I had ever drive . Like if I am starting to come of the cluth in first and quickly press in the clutch to stop. I get this spinning noise that you can hear outside the car. Definitely feels like something with the clutch. Would this also account for my super notchy shifting?

So I think I should take off my short throw just in case. Or screw it? Lol

Thanks again everyone!!

Old 04-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

I would just leave the shifter on it. It has nothing to do with your problem.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
I would just leave the shifter on it. It has nothing to do with your problem.
Well, just swapping tunes then. Cross your fingers as the drop off time is set at 0800 Wednesday morning. I know nothing of the dealerships out here or how lenient they are. As I drop I off and get the updates, will keep you all informed. If the wont fix it under warranty I will have them put it back and take it somewhere else I guess. Will buy aftermarket parts though

Old 04-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

DON'T BE BULLIED BY THE DEALRSHIP!!!! Good luck!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
DON'T BE BULLIED BY THE DEALRSHIP!!!! Good luck!
That's the goal lol. I should be fine as long as the have logic. If not I won't be some humble thanks for everything and we should have updates Wednesday afternoon!

Old 04-28-2013, 09:30 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement