Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Next Modd for '13 GT? $500 worth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 AM
golkhl

Save up a little bit more and get an aluminum driveshaft.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Code Vision
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
I wouldn't do the accels, I have talked with many folks about this as I considered it once and they are learning the stocks perform better than the accels.

I would go with the boss Mani, if that is your thing but you will lose some torque.

Car looks nice.
ah. That's interesting, about the coils. I may need to think twice about it, I was really looking into getting them.

I don't regret getting the manifold, its just I don't know that in would have gotten it this early on. I do still think the throttle body was worth it. I also got a Barton shifter bracket, which I think is a good upgrade that's not too much money.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by golkhl
Save up a little bit more and get an aluminum driveshaft.
Thats a good point. I do have that on my list and it is just about another hundred or so i need to save. lol another thing to consider.
Now im thinking I should just save it and be patient
I think ill make a decision by the end of the week if I decide to save or go for either the Boss Manifold or TB.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Paul S. Safford

Originally Posted by Jay_C123
Let me know how they feel! Im planning on installing them soon. most likely next week also. Cant wait
Just picked up the car this morning, it's running great and to sum up my initial impression, basically, I can't figure out why Ford didn't just give the 3.73s stock. Initially I can't see more then a 3% hit on fuel economy and the pleasure driving it now vs. the stock 3.15s is sooo worth it!

Do want to mention, this was a bit more then $500 as I needed the SCT tuner. My dealer claims they don't have the capability to update the computer for the '13s yet but the SCT tuner does the trick for both the auto transmission and the spedo.

Good luck!

Last edited by Paul S. Safford; 04-30-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Paul S. Safford
Just picked up the car this morning, it's running great and to sum up my initial impression, basically, I can't figure out why Ford didn't just give the 3.73s stock. Initially I can't see more then a 3% hit on fuel economy and the pleasure driving it now vs. the stock 3.15s is sooo worth it!

Do want to mention, this was a bit more then $500 as I needed the SCT tuner. My dealer claims they don't have the capability to update the computer for the '13s yet but the SCT tuner does the trick for both the auto transmission and the spedo.

Good luck!
Awesome! thanks for the info. REALLY appreciate it!! I Cant wait till I get mine installed!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:58 PM
notsofast
2nd Gear Member

For $500 enhance the driver mod with track time. A weekend DE/track day and all the gas you can burn for the weekend!
This "mod" will likely do the most for $500 to reduce lap times.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:33 AM
CrzyHrs
2nd Gear Member

Not sure if I missed if you've answered this or not but is it a straight shift or auto? If straight shift, you may consider a short throw.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:01 AM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Nice mods so far. I'd stay away from the coils and the TB.

Is your car lowered? Throw it on sport lines, would look killer.

*or the +1 on the driveshaft
Old 05-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CrzyHrs
Not sure if I missed if you've answered this or not but is it a straight shift or auto? If straight shift, you may consider a short throw.
It is an Auto.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 3vStang
Nice mods so far. I'd stay away from the coils and the TB.

Is your car lowered? Throw it on sport lines, would look killer.

*or the +1 on the driveshaft
Thats definitely something i want and need to do also. But I've finally made my decision. I am going to go with the Boss Manifold, then start to work on suspension. Springs, Shocks, Struts and all. Then Come back to adding headers.

Quick Reply: Next Modd for '13 GT? $500 worth?