Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What do you think of my mods?

Old 05-12-2013, 07:12 PM
krshelbykr

Default What do you think of my mods?

I have a 2013 Mustang GT. I already put on Flowmaster American thunder axel backs when I got the car in March.

I've got about $1400 to work with:

SCT Bama tuner from American muscle
O/R H-pipe from lethal
JLT CAI
Lowering springs (Any Suggestions?)
Maybe a chin spoiler
Old 05-12-2013, 07:43 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Like my Eibach Pro Springs drops the car about an inch. Really takes out most of the floating you get on the freeway.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:08 PM
jayman33
Banned

If you're going to get lowering springs and want to stick with your stock dampers I would do BMR, Pro-kit or hotchkis. All three have pretty low spring rates which will help. Which chin spoiler are you going with? As far as tuning I would go with VMP, Lund, AED or even Steeda.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:29 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

I'd rather go fast then look good, so i'm gonna say spend your $$$ on power improvements!!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:38 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I would do the O/R H, CAI, and Tuner before the others but even then you may have money for that whole list after buying the performance parts. But also its all personal preference... Do you want looks or performance?
Old 05-13-2013, 06:44 AM
derboesekoenig
1st Gear Member

Add a short throw shifter in there maybe?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:27 AM
awbreyjd
2nd Gear Member

I would go with an MGW shifter, O/R X or H pipe with tuner (lethal sells a package) and lowering springs.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:44 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by krshelbykr
I have a 2013 Mustang GT. I already put on Flowmaster American thunder axel backs when I got the car in March.

I've got about $1400 to work with:

SCT Bama tuner from American muscle
O/R H-pipe from lethal
JLT CAI
Lowering springs (Any Suggestions?)
Maybe a chin spoiler
It looks like you're really starting to mod your 2013 GT, that's awesome! I would definitely start with the Bama Custom tuner, O/R Mid Pipe and JLT CAI. That will free up a ton of air, which will lead to huge power gains. You'll notice big gains in Power, torque, acceleration, drive ability, gas mileage, throttle response and so much more!

Besides those mods, I think Lowering Springs and a Chin spoiler are also great mods. I went with the Eibach Sportlines on my 2011 GT and I love them! The Ride height is much lower than the Pro Kit, but doesn't prevent me from getting over speed bumps!

This is just my .02! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Old 05-13-2013, 05:17 PM
krshelbykr

I'm gonna go for the roush chin spoiler since it's cheap and looks good. Probably the Eibach sportlines. What do you think of these? http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...olts-0512.html

I just want to realign, no track duty for this car yet. Should I get an adjustable panhard bar? Or is it unnecessary?
Old 05-13-2013, 05:21 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by krshelbykr

I just want to realign, no track duty for this car yet. Should I get an adjustable panhard bar? Or is it unnecessary?
Yes it's necessary when lowering. Depending on where you are in Florida I would go see VMP for a tune.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you think of my mods?