Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Boss Manifold Kit

Old 05-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Code Vision
1st Gear Member

Default Boss Manifold Kit

For anyone who has the Boss Manifold, did you get the install kit as well?

I went with the cheapo option and got the hose and clamp set from LMR, I believe. That was a while back...

But while others were able to bolt their LMR kit to the block, I didnt find that the hoses were long enough or flexible enough, so its just sort of hanging there. It's pretty taut, and I figured I would come back to it soon, but time's gotten away from me.

So, what I'm wondering is:

Should I just go with the $200 kit and make it look OEM? It sounds like there's splicing with that, is that tricky to do?

Or is there something I'm missing or doing wrong, as I'm unable to bolt the LMR kit to the block?....If someone has pics of the correct way to do this, that would be awesome.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:07 AM
awbreyjd
2nd Gear Member

by some hose yourself and run it where you can mount it out of the way. What I did.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

We had zero problems with the install when we did it back in 2011. Did you read this blog?

http://www.mylrs.com/blogs/lrs/archi...tallation.aspx
Old 05-16-2013, 12:42 PM
zachcrosen
1st Gear Member

When I had mine, I bought my own parts. Mine didnt stay bolted to the front of the block. I just left it hanging and it was fine; it never contacted the belts or anything else.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Code Vision
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jarrod@latemodel
We had zero problems with the install when we did it back in 2011. Did you read this blog?

Hi Jarrod,

Yep, I used that guide to hook everything up, but like I mentioned, not all of the hoses were long or flexible enough to both the purge valve to the block. That's the part of the article that said it was hard to get a good picture of...

For those of you who left it unattached, was this the reason why? Or was it something else?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:41 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

No issues with mine and i bought the hose kit from LMR...
the FRPP install kit isn't needed unless you want the OEM look and routing. Save your money!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Code Vision
Hi Jarrod,

Yep, I used that guide to hook everything up, but like I mentioned, not all of the hoses were long or flexible enough to both the purge valve to the block. That's the part of the article that said it was hard to get a good picture of...

For those of you who left it unattached, was this the reason why? Or was it something else?
This is the first time I have heard someone say our hose kit was to short, and not flexible enough to work. Can you post some pictures of your install so I can have an idea of what you are talking about?
Old 05-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Code Vision
1st Gear Member

This is the first time I have heard someone say our hose kit was to short, and not flexible enough to work. Can you post some pictures of your install so I can have an idea of what you are talking about?
Sorry, its not the hose in the kit, its the ones that connect to the valve...maybe "hose" is the wrong term. I will try to get some pics up today or tomorrow. But I mean to say that the connections to the valve itself, they are not flexible, it makes me afraid to bend them or pull far enough to get it all bolted to the block.

The hose in the kit was just fine, if I recall.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

Good deal. Ill keep an out on this thread for pictures and see what I can do to help.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Code Vision
1st Gear Member

OK, lets see if this works...I'll start from the furthest out and zoom in:

Name:  WP_20130517_005.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  109.3 KB

Name:  WP_20130517_004-1.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  59.6 KB

Name:  WP_20130517_003.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  89.0 KB

OK, its this hose here, in the middle...Is it called a hose?

Anyway, that's the one that is inflexible, and because of that I cant get it to the engine block. If someone had a pic or description of how they routed this, that would help.l

Last edited by Code Vision; 05-18-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boss Manifold Kit