Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Oil catch can question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 10:15 AM
jerstysu
1st Gear Member

How are the jlt ones?
Old 08-20-2013, 06:14 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I have a JLT and am happy with the fit and finish.

Picks up more oil than I thought.. think this pic was after only 140 miles.

Name:  89D238EF-690D-401F-97D6-47B49A8C21FA-19464-000002181384D10E.jpg
Views: 2065
Size:  76.9 KB
Old 08-20-2013, 08:35 PM
jerstysu
1st Gear Member

Wow that's kinda scary. That seems like a lot of oil.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I've had both JLT catch can as well as UPR catch can. The UPR can is hands down better.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:51 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

My UPR catch can arrived today. I'm going to try and install it in a little while if I can figure out how to take off the plastic cover off the top of the 5.0 to get to the lines.

Wayne
Old 08-21-2013, 07:32 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Well, I went out to install the catch can and I can't seem to get the short pieces of hose on the intake port and valve cover port. I can't get the hose over the ridge's on the ports. I feel like I'm going to break something if I push too hard. I even sprayed lube inside the hose and that didn't seem to work. It was getting dark so I quit for now. I put everything back together for now. I may try buying another stock hose set- up and cutting it so I can use the click on ends. I don't want to cut mine up yet.

Wayne
Old 08-22-2013, 06:06 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 70monte
Well, I went out to install the catch can and I can't seem to get the short pieces of hose on the intake port and valve cover port. I can't get the hose over the ridge's on the ports. I feel like I'm going to break something if I push too hard. I even sprayed lube inside the hose and that didn't seem to work. It was getting dark so I quit for now. I put everything back together for now. I may try buying another stock hose set- up and cutting it so I can use the click on ends. I don't want to cut mine up yet.

Wayne
Lube up the barbs on the plastic connectors. I used WD-40 silicone spray, and they slid right on. Putting lube on the tubing tends to not get lube right at the end where it is needed. The tubes will be a tight fit because they need to stay in place with no clamps or ties. When pushing the tubing on, rotate the connector back and forth a little. Once it gets started it will go right on. UPR has been selling these tubes with their kits and they install correctly with no issues. They WILL work so just figure it out with what UPR gave you.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:40 PM
allenmaty
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
Noooo, you should have bought the Moroso catch can....with some new hoeses it looks awesome.

Nice picture!

I just ordered the Moroso oil separator! I like the fact that it has a drain and mounts to something... And it's on sale at American Muscle!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:41 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
Lube up the barbs on the plastic connectors. I used WD-40 silicone spray, and they slid right on. Putting lube on the tubing tends to not get lube right at the end where it is needed. The tubes will be a tight fit because they need to stay in place with no clamps or ties. When pushing the tubing on, rotate the connector back and forth a little. Once it gets started it will go right on. UPR has been selling these tubes with their kits and they install correctly with no issues. They WILL work so just figure it out with what UPR gave you.
Actually I'm not having problems with the ****** ends that are on the can but the short pieces of hose that slide onto the intake port and valve cover port. The hose fits too loose and does not feel snug around the port at all which I'm sure will cause a vacuum leak.

Does anyone know where I can just buy the factory Ford ends that snap onto this ports? I don't want to cut up my original piece in case I need it for some reason. Thanks.

Wayne
Old 08-23-2013, 04:32 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

I ordered two factory Ford snap on connectors for the valve cover and intake ports so I can just hook the hose to these. I may have to go with smaller hose but It seems like I will anyway since the supplied inner hose diameter is too big for the ports.

Wayne

Quick Reply: Oil catch can question.