Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
70monte
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang
Default Oil catch can question.

I just bought a new 2014 Mustang GT yesterday. I've read about the catch cans and was wondering of adding one of these will void your powertrain warranty. I've always heard that Ford is very picky about anything being added to their engines. Thanks.

Wayne
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
70monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
Shane780
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT
Default should not void warranty

If your dealer is voiding your warranty for something that comes on some Shelby cars, find a new dealer.

Now before someone rants about a Ford engineer is the one that determines warranty claims, think about this.. You just bought an expensive sports car, and you had other choices. What is stopping you from buying a Corvette in 3 years time ? The service that your Ford dealer provides for you, over the next 3-5 years they will make a lot of money off of your maintenance schedule.

It usually goes like this.. they will not warranty an after market part it self, nor if the part itself caused the damage.

Last edited by Shane780; 08-14-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Shane780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
70monte
1st Gear Member

Thanks. I don't know if my dealer would void my warranty for one of these but I was just wondering if anyone had any issues with the dealer seeing a catch can on the car while working on something else and saying something about it.

Wayne
Old 08-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
P51C
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 12 Mustang GT

With one like the JPC you can flip it on and off in about 20 seconds so, why wouldn't you if you were going in for service.

Honestly, the dealer doesn't give a rat's *** what's on your car until you come in claiming your shyt blew up. At that point, they are looking sideways at everything.

Why don't you just run it in a little more and see how it goes? These engines tend to use a little bit early on but most settle down to a trickle after 10K or so.
P51C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 GTHG Ford Mustang

Yeah catch cans not going to do anything just go for it. My car has been lowered and its entire suspension system redone. Along with a cold air intake, I brought my car in for a TSB regarding squeaking front end. They all know me at the dealership and were like you know if its your mods were not going to warranty it. Long story shot it goes in tomorrow and they are looking at the hydro bushings as per the TSB if thats the issue they are going to fix it. If not well its an excuse for me to put on aftermarket front control arms lol
DocSnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #6
70monte
1st Gear Member

Well, I ordered a UPR catch can. I'm not going to worry about it. Thanks everyone.

Wayne
Old 08-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
jerstysu
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 14 Race Red GT

Right behind you, ordering one tonight.
jerstysu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #8
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: .......its a car

Noooo, you should have bought the Moroso catch can....with some new hoeses it looks awesome.

Click the image to open in full size.
Airaid Cold Air Intake/MGW Shifter/5.0 Floor Mats/Bondra Clutch Extender/Flowmaster Outlaw Axle Backs/MRT Hi-Flow Catted Boss H-Pipe/Resonator Delete/BMR Upper & Lower Control Arms/Steeda Shock Tower Brace/Moroso Oil Catch Can/2013 LED Fog Lamps/VLEDs

theACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
70monte
1st Gear Member

Everyone told me the UPR ones were the one to get when I inquired about them for my fiancée's 07GT. I'm sure it will work fine.

Wayne
Old 08-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #10
BrazenStang
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
Everyone told me the UPR ones were the one to get when I inquired about them for my fiancée's 07GT. I'm sure it will work fine.

Wayne
Yes, UPR catch cans are great. It was the first mod I put on my 5.0, and I am amazed at how much oil it catches. Worth every penny IMO.

BrazenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:39 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement