Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Best exhaust sound (imho) in 15 mins

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:08 PM
YQ_

Cool Best exhaust sound (imho) in 15 mins

So as the title says.. we can get a close-straightpipe sound & HPs from removing the bolts from the H pipe clamp like this photo here (photo from americanmuscle.com)

Yesterday I was with a friend who owns a c5 corvette and done the exact same thing, then he made the pipes stable by wiring them to the main manifold.. and we couldn't hear each other! .. the sound is crazy!

The question is.. will this thing work on 13 Mustangs GT !? I mean with the O2 sensors and the warranty thing .. is it safe?

Easy, free, quick.. its very loud I'm pretty sure you will be stopped by the police. Any help is appreciated !
Old 08-16-2013, 08:08 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

You can also get asphyxiated if you spend any length of time idling.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:24 AM
YQ_

Never thought of that.. I thought it's ok to breath because the catalytic converters are still there!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:02 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by YQ_
So as the title says.. we can get a close-straightpipe sound & HPs from removing the bolts from the H pipe clamp like this photo here (photo from americanmuscle.com)

Yesterday I was with a friend who owns a c5 corvette and done the exact same thing, then he made the pipes stable by wiring them to the main manifold.. and we couldn't hear each other! .. the sound is crazy!

The question is.. will this thing work on 13 Mustangs GT !? I mean with the O2 sensors and the warranty thing .. is it safe?

Easy, free, quick.. its very loud I'm pretty sure you will be stopped by the police. Any help is appreciated !
This probably won't cause any damage to the car but you'll definitely loose some power. Any N/A car needs back pressure, this will get rid of any back pressure you had.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan
Old 08-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by YQ_
Never thought of that.. I thought it's ok to breath because the catalytic converters are still there!
cats dont remove the carbon dioxide from exhaust and breathing exhaust can cause oxygen deprivation which could kill if you dont get fresh air.

Probably wont be an issue unless you are in an enclosed space like a garage.

Im sure there are other non-healthy things in exhaust too though so best to avoid breathing it as much as possible

Last edited by Andy13186; 08-16-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:36 AM
YQ_

Originally Posted by Andy13186
cats dont remove the carbon dioxide from exhaust and breathing exhaust can cause oxygen deprivation which could kill if you dont get fresh air.

Probably wont be an issue unless you are in an enclosed space like a garage.

Im sure there are other non-healthy things in exhaust too though so best to avoid breathing it as much as possible
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_converter (Says here it does remove toxics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffler (The only part left I guess; to reduce noise)

Am I wrong?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:07 AM
P51C
2nd Gear Member

Hard to tell if you're trolling or not. Your post reads like you're 14 years old. Straight pipes, really?

Carbon dioxide isn't by nature a toxin, genius, it's a natural part of the atmosphere. However, it is fatal in high concentrations (hypercapnia) and the affects on attention, coordination and mental capacity at pre-fatal levels are well established. Hell, oxygen in high concentrations can kill, too.

As if this isn't reason enough, in case I'm not clear, this is a dumb idea and makes you and your buddy look like punks.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:34 PM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

I say let him try it...natural selection at its finest and most technologically advanced
Old 08-19-2013, 03:53 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

"What kind of exhaust do you have?"

"An exhaust leak! Best exhaust ever!"

While I can't say I've heard what it sounds like, I can't imagine it would sound very good. There's more to exhaust sound then just making it noisy. Your mufflers are where you get the tone. And like others said, that's a little far forward for it to be dumping, it'd be basically right under your window.

Honestly, this is the kind of thing I expect on a Honda forum.

Last edited by AJ06GT; 08-19-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:36 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Why not just spend the some money and get a side exshaut set up if you want loud next to your ears. Says you got a 2012 GT so I know you got to have some money and its to nice of a car to get cheap with mods.

Quick Reply: Best exhaust sound (imho) in 15 mins