Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

exhaust decisions on 5.0

Old 08-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Stage_3

I don't have vids yet. You can use the new Green Cats from KOOKs. Brenspeed uses the Green Cats on all his race cars. Brenspeed's customer service is awesome. (I don't work for Brenspped). KOOKS are not cheap. The big savings come as labor savings. Everything thing fits!

As you noted, the dyno numbers speak for themselves.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:28 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

I just installed the Roush axle-backs on my 2014 and it sounds awesome. It is loud but quiets down nicely at cruising speed. The rest of my exhaust is stock.

Wayne
Old 08-23-2013, 05:17 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Much to common belief the resonators are not in the exhaust. It's that secondary tube that comes off you CAI and pipes right into the cabin.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:41 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

interesting.. i thought the resonator was on the exhaust itself..

and yes, i will be using kooks green cats so i dont throw a cel and have to re-do everything
Old 08-24-2013, 05:53 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Much to common belief the resonators are not in the exhaust. It's that secondary tube that comes off you CAI and pipes right into the cabin.
You're a little confused. What you're referring to is the sound tube. These cars come with resonators as part of the factory exhaust.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:19 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Huh odd lot of people have said that sound tube was the resonator.......

Going to have to look under mine now, I did stainless works cat backs so I am not sure if I have resonators or not.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:05 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Huh odd lot of people have said that sound tube was the resonator.......

Going to have to look under mine now, I did stainless works cat backs so I am not sure if I have resonators or not.
If you did a catback then yours are no longer there. An axleback only will leave the resonators in place.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:02 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

anyone have reviews of the flowmaster outlaw cat back? i usually despise flows, but these seem really loud and deep and it would get rid of the stock resonators. They seem just as loud as the roush and slp axlebacks on some vids. anyone?
Old 08-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
anyone have reviews of the flowmaster outlaw cat back? i usually despise flows, but these seem really loud and deep and it would get rid of the stock resonators. They seem just as loud as the roush and slp axlebacks on some vids. anyone?
The shotgun straight through muffler actually changes the tone of the exhaust. I cannot tell you how many thumbs up, honks or people that feel the need to talk to me in traffic, compliments I get on my setup! Check out my YouTube videos stupidbuchanan9 . I did the catback first and loved it, the catless setup is by fair the best thing I ever did! In person you can feel it in your chest when I cruise by at 1900 RPMs. I have yet to find a car or bike louder, exception is open headers! You will love this catback and it has very minor drone compared to my Current setup!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:50 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

thats the answer i was looking for! the outlaws are straight thru resonators then right?

I have to run cats because of my state, but im sure kooks headers catted x and outlaws would sound great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: exhaust decisions on 5.0