Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Shane780
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT
Default accufab 84.5mm throttlebody and kn intake review.

Both of these products fit great, and had a slight power increase along with a 2 mpg city increase, no noticeable increase on the highway. The Kn Typhoon intake has an aluminum tube which gets quite hot at idle, and increases intake air temperature by about 10 degrees c, but once the vehicle is in motion it has the same air intake temperature, as external air temperature. I did not notice a power increase, but my wife noticed it over the course of a week, she asked what I did to the car and said it felt more "snappy" and she liked it. There is a noticeable sound difference and it eliminates the noise tube, does not sound louder but has a deeper growl to it. Water does not leak into the intake it has an enclosed box which utilized the factory scoop. The engine cover, covers the throttle body and the hose couplers for a nice looking fit.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Shane780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
Shane780
1st Gear Member

Default Throttlebody alone

Ran the Car with just the Accufab throttlebody and the stock airbox with a kn panel filter. Car seems more responsive then it did with the KN intake. And idle temperatures are much cooler. 37c today and I was getting some bad heat soak today was running 20c above external temperature. However once in motion it was only 7c above external. I had to use a step down hose from throttlebody to stock intake. I used a specter 4" to 3.5 " rubber coupler, and had to slice off the factory rubber coupler off the box assembly. Made for a great fit.

Speaking to the folks at Accufab they claim the throttlebody provides an increase of 14ftlbs of torque, but no peak horsepower gains. Also that the Ford unit is identical, and does not require a calibration you can just bolt it on. Speaking to the folks at Ford they claim their throttlebody provides an
increase in power in the midrange.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013, Ford, GT/CS

For engine heat, try Royal Purple "ICE". Two in the radiator and my 2013
ran cooler all day and night for 14 passes at the Strip. A cooler engine is a
stronger engine. Can't hurt to try it once, I didn't have to raise my hood to cool.

Now for the 84.5, how will that react when coupled with L/T's and Cat-X? PnC the heads? The 84.5 and 90 need a fast flow to be of use. I plan to do the ladder two but don't want to spend $5-600 on a T/B that will only get me a 2 mpg. I see that number every time a mod doesn't deliver a kick.
VistaBlueFrank68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Shane780
1st Gear Member

Default price

I paid 490 for mine shipped.

I tried driving with just the stock throttlebody and I did notice a loss, slight but not much. I would agree It probably gives a slight increase in torque and responsiveness. But its not a supercharger. 14ft lbs of torque is like a 4% increase if that.

At 100k I would like to have a Paxton supercharger installed and have decided to hold off from further mods other then tires and rims.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Nocturnal'14
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 GT/CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane780 View Post
Also that the Ford unit is identical, and does not require a calibration you can just bolt it on. Speaking to the folks at Ford they claim their throttlebody provides an increase in power in the midrange.
Whats teh "Ford UNit" TB you speak of? The stock one!? Cause I cant find a FORD TB info anywhere.

2014 Sterling Grey California Special GT/CS
Coupe w/6M - Navigation & Comfy pkg -
MODS: 19" Forgestar CF10 Gunmetal Gloss ^ MRT MaxFlow H-Pipe w/ Kooks AB no resonators
MGW Ltd Shifter ^ Tokico D-Specs & 1.5" Springs ^ BMR PHB & LCAs w/relo brackets ^ StopTech 14" Brakes

CLICK HERE FOR MY GARAGE SOLD: 2012 TVS Coupe
Nocturnal'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:28 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement