Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

what do i mod next

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 08:20 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Same here, never did a header install before and did it on jackstands.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:55 AM
huntiez
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Same here, never did a header install before and did it on jackstands.
How long did it take you it seems straight forward only part that bugs me is removing the motor mounts tbh but it seems pretty simply install just alot of things have to be removed
Old 09-14-2013, 06:15 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Took me 18 hours, no help. I will say I was taking my sweet time with it though. Couple more of our crew have gotten it done in 12 or so. If your local to the carolina's hypermotive will install for free.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:54 AM
2013FiveOh

Originally Posted by scottmach
Manual? Auto? Regardless the 4.10's were a poor choice. Those coils are doing nothing for you either.
Actually the ACCEL Coils on plugs will gain 10-15% over the stock coils, meaning, however much air and fuel you're compressing, it will be ignited 10 to 15% more efficiently, producing a more violent explosion and a better all-around burn, resulting in around 5hp gained, also slightly better fuel economy since youre squeezing more out of the air and fuel even at low RPM's.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:50 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2013FiveOh
Actually the ACCEL Coils on plugs will gain 10-15% over the stock coils, meaning, however much air and fuel you're compressing, it will be ignited 10 to 15% more efficiently, producing a more violent explosion and a better all-around burn, resulting in around 5hp gained, also slightly better fuel economy since youre squeezing more out of the air and fuel even at low RPM's.
Bull shiit.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:08 AM
huntiez
1st Gear Member

Bought the cops when they were on sale also after install did notice it ran smoother and a lil better throttle responce but thats jus5 me
Old 09-24-2013, 03:42 PM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

Biggest bang for your buck items will be the BOSS 302 Intake Manifold, A good set of headers (my personal recommendation would either be BBK Performance Long Tubes for a cost efficient set of headers), as well as a good tune. Personally for myself, I don't trust anyone else but AED for tuning, so we've got a nice packaged AED Tuner for your Mustang (SCT handheld), where you will datalog the vehicle, and AED will send you back a great tune.

Those three items packaged together will give you a good solid bump in power easy! We're in California as well, so if you're local to the Southern California Region (Los Angeles or Orange County), we're smack dab in the middle of both counties, so driving here isn't a very far ride.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:01 PM
huntiez
1st Gear Member

im in lancaster cali so la county
Old 09-25-2013, 04:37 PM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by huntiez
im in lancaster cali so la county
Well it would be a drive, but at least it's not an airplane ride or anything ridiculous. We border LA and Orange County, so a drive down here would take a couple hours, but we can get an appointment set up for whatever you need installed. We do work on Saturdays and have appointments available on Saturdays if that's easier for you!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:36 AM
2013FiveOh

Originally Posted by scottmach
Bull shiit.
Hotter spark means a more complete burn. Better burn means more energy is extracted from the air/fuel mixture.

Surely someone who's owned a 700+ hp car understands that the purpose of an internal combustion engine is to effectively turn an air/fuel mixutre into mechanical energy, and that more spark aids this process, up to a point? Obviously you don't wanna weld your valves shut by using 44 amp magnetos, but modifications like ACCEL Coil on plugs have been proven to show gains in HP and fuel economy.

Quick Reply: what do i mod next