Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

1000+whp build

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:59 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

700 ft-lbs is just a rating there are plenty of guys using the magnum xl that exeed 1000 hp , so the answer is yes it can take it. My getrag is rated at 400 ft of torque im running 675 hp through it now about 575 ftlbs of torque, these are crank hp #'s , rwhp 629hp 519 torque no issues at all...
Old 09-18-2013, 11:06 AM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Hi again MikeyMike!

FYI gang, MikeyMike here is going around the entire internet (or so it seems) posting this same thread. Doubtful he ever intends to actually do anything.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:46 PM
mikeymike

Originally Posted by gmoran1469
Hi again MikeyMike!

FYI gang, MikeyMike here is going around the entire internet (or so it seems) posting this same thread. Doubtful he ever intends to actually do anything.
The entire internet? Mustang, camaro, and vettes, all the cars I had an interest in to find out what their limits, build prices etc are before I decide what to go with. When you buy a car do you just say oh that looks pretty I will buy that!?
Old 09-18-2013, 09:54 PM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikeymike
The entire internet? Mustang, camaro, and vettes, all the cars I had an interest in to find out what their limits, build prices etc are before I decide what to go with. When you buy a car do you just say oh that looks pretty I will buy that!?
You basically won't find a car that will have a reliable stock drivetrain at 1000whp. 1000whp is around 1300 at the engine.

The only thing you really need to consider is the base price of the car and how much that is going to affect what you have to build the rest of the car.

Mustang, Camaro, Vette, GTR, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, you name it. None of them should run that much HP on the stock drivetrain.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/0...1-mustang-5-0/

these are all 7-9 psi as they come but you can get built , get a pully and double the PSI on most

Last edited by Andy13186; 09-18-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:05 PM
mikeymike

You basically won't find a car that will have a reliable stock drivetrain at 1000whp. 1000whp is around 1300 at the engine.

The only thing you really need to consider is the base price of the car and how much that is going to affect what you have to build the rest of the car.

Mustang, Camaro, Vette, GTR, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, you name it. None of them should run that much HP on the stock drivetrain.
Nobody said anything about a stock drive train. We are talking a completely built car.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:02 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Nobody said anything about a stock drive train. We are talking a completely built car.
So, yes, you do say that looks pretty, I'll buy and mod it.
You can make any car fast when you build & boost the drivetrain. A general rule of thumb is that you can get any car to 1000HP for about 25K. About 10-15K more and it's also reliable and driveable on the street & road course. So what strikes your fancy? The drivetrain & suspension will be completely replaced.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:08 AM
mikeymike

Originally Posted by danzcool
So, yes, you do say that looks pretty, I'll buy and mod it.
You can make any car fast when you build & boost the drivetrain. A general rule of thumb is that you can get any car to 1000HP for about 25K. About 10-15K more and it's also reliable and driveable on the street & road course. So what strikes your fancy? The drivetrain & suspension will be completely replaced.
I didn't say everything would be replaced either. I am not doing an engine swap I just want a bult engine and built transmission, although I would do a tansmission swap if needed but not engine. So if the limits of the block are either not within my goals or they are not reliable at that level than it will be eliminated from my list.

So no its not just what looks pretty. I have already narrowed my search down to cars that I am interested, although some others may be added. From there I find the prices, limits, abilities of each car and pick the one that I feel fits my needs/wants.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:58 AM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

I didn't say everything would be replaced either. I am not doing an engine swap I just want a bult engine and built transmission, although I would do a tansmission swap if needed but not engine. So if the limits of the block are either not within my goals or they are not reliable at that level than it will be eliminated from my list.

So no its not just what looks pretty. I have already narrowed my search down to cars that I am interested, although some others may be added. From there I find the prices, limits, abilities of each car and pick the one that I feel fits my needs/wants.
Then mark pretty much every car with less than 700bhp off your list. Most every single car with exceptions like Bugatti Veyron, Hennesey Venom, Koenigsegg, and other extreme HP hypercars will need extensive engine modifications to reach 1000rwhp ranging from a complete swap to an upgraded block with forged internals.

For a build like this, as posted above, this is exactly what you do:

I like the way that car looks, that's the car I am going to use. No car is going to be easier than another to build to 1000rwhp (not exactly but I think you get my drift, it's going to be hella difficult no matter the starting platform).

Take Nelson Racing. They built an FB (1st gen RX-7) with a big block V8 that runs on pump gas and puts out 1650bhp with the help of a secondary tank filled with 125 octane or so. That took an 80-85 body and replaced all the internals. Same thing you will basically be doing to hit 1000rwhp on whatever car you choose.

A coyote block won't last long, upgraded internals or not, at 1300bhp.

Last edited by gmoran1469; 09-19-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 AM
mikeymike

Then mark pretty much every car with less than 700bhp off your list. Most every single car with exceptions like Bugatti Veyron, Hennesey Venom, Koenigsegg, and other extreme HP hypercars will need extensive engine modifications to reach 1000rwhp ranging from a complete swap to an upgraded block with forged internals.

For a build like this, as posted above, this is exactly what you do:

I like the way that car looks, that's the car I am going to use. No car is going to be easier than another to build to 1000rwhp (not exactly but I think you get my drift, it's going to be hella difficult no matter the starting platform).

Take Nelson Racing. They built an FB (1st gen RX-7) with a big block V8 that runs on pump gas and puts out 1650bhp with the help of a secondary tank filled with 125 octane or so. That took an 80-85 body and replaced all the internals. Same thing you will basically be doing to hit 1000rwhp on whatever car you choose.

A coyote block won't last long, upgraded internals or not, at 1300bhp.
That is completely not true. Cars like the GTR, Gallardo, Viper, etc hold 1500 whp with just a build and forged block. Not an engine swap like many of the other cars, even the Camaro, vette etc the blocks can take that much. Of course all of them will also need upgraddy transmissions as well.If I just wanted to go with a car that I was replacing everything with aftermarket parts completely I would have just done an RX-7 or foxbody to start with.

The point is to find a car with a solid foundation which can be improved upon not to completely make something brand new.

Quick Reply: 1000+whp build