Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Damn. Did the dealer give you a loaner car? Have they tried blaming you for it?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #12
scottmach
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTC View Post
Scottmach - chill. Hunter 1660's is a legit post.
Actually no it isn't. He's contributed nothing here but came on crying about a broken transmission. Things happen. But it's not a technical discussion.
Boss Intake, Circle D 4C converter, American Racing 1 7/8 Longtubes and off road x-pipe, Kooks catback, BMR lowering springs, BMR lower control arms, BMR control arm relocation brackets, BMR adjustable panhard bar, Self Tuned

2003 Mach1 718 rwhp 735 rwtq @ 25 lbs. SOLD
2.3 polished Whipple and every other mod possible
scottmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #13
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmach View Post
The title of this forum reads "TECH". You have not posted anything even remotely close to tech but just want sympathy for a broken transmission. Sorry for your bad luck but shiit happens. Get it fixed under warranty and move on.
????? That's uncalled for.
flash gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
mdg
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

sounds like a legit post to me, good luck with the repairs!

2014 GT, 6-speed
mdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #15
J95SNAKE
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash gordon View Post
????? That's uncalled for.
Agreed, especially since the title of this section states "ANY questions about the 'Coyote' engine, TRANSMISSION, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!"
1995 Rio Red Cobra #2736 of 4005. 331ci, 340 RWHP, 350 lb./ft. torque: Sold
2010 Black GT premium, 3.73 axle package, Accessory 5 package: Traded
Current: 2013 Sterling Metallic Grey GT Premium, Brembos, 3.73s, Comfort Package, Reverse Sensing
J95SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #16
Hunter1660

Vehicle: 2014 GT

Picked the car up after 8 days and all the dealership done was drive my car hard,according to them.Initially they drove it 5-7 miles and something popped and the car started driving fine.put untold miles on car trying to duplicate problem.the problem is the car should never have left dealership to start with.According to fords tech hotline they recommended a stall speed test on torque converter.At least I wasn't charged extra by ford for a car that according to the dealerships email with the tech line,healed itself. I should've videoed the problem and the documented the cars milage..lesson learned.
Hunter1660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
clowe1965
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang, 1965 Ford Mustang
clydenator 6000

I'd PM Deysha (think its FordSrvc for the sn) and get her to elevate it. Giving you back the car after it made a loud noise isn't the proper solution, even though all the symptoms went away . At the very least they should tear down the transmission and rebuild it, then if the problem persist get you a new transmission.

Carolina Moderator, Member #41

2011 GT: 428/418 hp/tq
1965 Coupe: Restoration Thread
clowe1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #18
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by clowe1965 View Post
I'd PM Deysha (think its FordSrvc for the sn) and get her to elevate it. Giving you back the car after it made a loud noise isn't the proper solution, even though all the symptoms went away . At the very least they should tear down the transmission and rebuild it, then if the problem persist get you a new transmission.
Agree, she had done many good things for the forum memembers including myself. Contact her.
flash gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #19
PNYXPRESS
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: early 2000, 1991, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter1660 View Post
Picked the car up after 8 days and all the dealership done was drive my car hard,according to them.Initially they drove it 5-7 miles and something popped and the car started driving fine.put untold miles on car trying to duplicate problem.the problem is the car should never have left dealership to start with.According to fords tech hotline they recommended a stall speed test on torque converter.At least I wasn't charged extra by ford for a car that according to the dealerships email with the tech line,healed itself. I should've videoed the problem and the documented the cars milage..lesson learned.
What dealer is this? My 08's rear gear was making racket and when I took it in the dealership had it for 3 days and "couldnt duplicate the issue" so they gave it back. 2 days later the noise returned and I made a tech ride in the car with me. after that they opened the rear cover and then all they did was add fluid and do the turkey baster TSB.

1991 2.3L I4
2000 3.8L V6
2008 4.6L V8
PNYXPRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #20
audioAl
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Candy 3.7

What a thread, spoiled brats lip service, Ford dealers abusing ponies, it's a tech thread, no it's not. Let's just all get along, or no?
adj. panhard bar,BMR lca's, Whiteline brackets,Stack Racing rear springs,18x9" Razor rims/245/45/18's GT Radials/ Tuned by Motorvationefi
2014 DIB 3.7 Airaid tube, many to come.
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:32 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement