Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2014 GT transmission shot

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 06:41 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Damn. Did the dealer give you a loaner car? Have they tried blaming you for it?
Old 10-09-2013, 07:16 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTC
Scottmach - chill. Hunter 1660's is a legit post.
Actually no it isn't. He's contributed nothing here but came on crying about a broken transmission. Things happen. But it's not a technical discussion.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:20 PM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scottmach
The title of this forum reads "TECH". You have not posted anything even remotely close to tech but just want sympathy for a broken transmission. Sorry for your bad luck but shiit happens. Get it fixed under warranty and move on.
????? That's uncalled for.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:47 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

sounds like a legit post to me, good luck with the repairs!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:50 PM
J95SNAKE
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by flash gordon
????? That's uncalled for.
Agreed, especially since the title of this section states "ANY questions about the 'Coyote' engine, TRANSMISSION, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!"
Old 10-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Hunter1660

Picked the car up after 8 days and all the dealership done was drive my car hard,according to them.Initially they drove it 5-7 miles and something popped and the car started driving fine.put untold miles on car trying to duplicate problem.the problem is the car should never have left dealership to start with.According to fords tech hotline they recommended a stall speed test on torque converter.At least I wasn't charged extra by ford for a car that according to the dealerships email with the tech line,healed itself. I should've videoed the problem and the documented the cars milage..lesson learned.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:35 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

I'd PM Deysha (think its FordSrvc for the sn) and get her to elevate it. Giving you back the car after it made a loud noise isn't the proper solution, even though all the symptoms went away . At the very least they should tear down the transmission and rebuild it, then if the problem persist get you a new transmission.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:15 AM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
I'd PM Deysha (think its FordSrvc for the sn) and get her to elevate it. Giving you back the car after it made a loud noise isn't the proper solution, even though all the symptoms went away . At the very least they should tear down the transmission and rebuild it, then if the problem persist get you a new transmission.
Agree, she had done many good things for the forum memembers including myself. Contact her.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hunter1660
Picked the car up after 8 days and all the dealership done was drive my car hard,according to them.Initially they drove it 5-7 miles and something popped and the car started driving fine.put untold miles on car trying to duplicate problem.the problem is the car should never have left dealership to start with.According to fords tech hotline they recommended a stall speed test on torque converter.At least I wasn't charged extra by ford for a car that according to the dealerships email with the tech line,healed itself. I should've videoed the problem and the documented the cars milage..lesson learned.
What dealer is this? My 08's rear gear was making racket and when I took it in the dealership had it for 3 days and "couldnt duplicate the issue" so they gave it back. 2 days later the noise returned and I made a tech ride in the car with me. after that they opened the rear cover and then all they did was add fluid and do the turkey baster TSB.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:32 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

What a thread, spoiled brats lip service, Ford dealers abusing ponies, it's a tech thread, no it's not. Let's just all get along, or no?

Quick Reply: 2014 GT transmission shot