Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2013 GT Starter Flew Apart

Old 10-16-2013, 02:48 PM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Default 2013 GT Starter Flew Apart

I went to start my 2013 GT M6 the other day and the shaft from the starter snapped and sent the gear flying around inside the bellhousing, causing havoc. I had pieces of bellhousing and the starter gear laying on the ground under the car. The car is at the Ford dealership for warranty work now. Has anyone else had any issues with their starters flying apart? I did a search and didn't come up with anything.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:37 PM
huntiez
1st Gear Member

wow man that sucks let us know what happens
Old 10-31-2013, 03:19 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Never heard that happen before your gonna need a new trans with a busted bellhousing.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:00 PM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
Never heard that happen before your gonna need a new trans with a busted bellhousing.
It's been 3 weeks and the dealership still has it. The trans was part of the repair. Hope to have it back this afternoon.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:16 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 04mineralgreyGT
It's been 3 weeks and the dealership still has it. The trans was part of the repair. Hope to have it back this afternoon.
Let me know , because i have an mt-82 perfect condition 16k miles on it and an aftermarket clutch with billet aluminum flywheel! Ready to go if you need it!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:36 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Man! Sorry to hear this. I haven't come across any other 11+ GT's with an issue quite like this. I'd say it's a fluke and I wouldn't expect to have the issue ever again.

Hope you get the car back soon!

Shane
Old 11-04-2013, 11:36 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Man! Sorry to hear this. I haven't come across any other 11+ GT's with an issue quite like this. I'd say it's a fluke and I wouldn't expect to have the issue ever again.

Hope you get the car back soon!

Shane
I hope not. The car is STILL in the shop. 4 days short of being a month. The regional Ford folks have been contacted and are going to "open a case" with the dealership. The service I have gotten has been **** poor to say the least. One hang up was the starter being "on order." One would think that a starter would be a common stock part. The answers I get from the dealership has been "it'll be in and we will have it tested and back to you hopefully tomorrow." They have been saying that **** for 3 weeks. There is one dude at this dealership who has tried to keep me updated, but has only done so for the last week. I believe he took over my case because the other guy was an idiot.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:56 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Keep hanging in there! I know I'd be just as frustrated as you if this were to happen to one of my Mustangs. At least regional Ford has opened up a case and you're getting better service at the dealership. Hopefully they get the started in ASAP, too. Sometimes random parts will be back ordered from the manufacturer for the craziest reasons.

Let us know how you make out!

Shane
Old 11-04-2013, 02:03 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 04mineralgreyGT
I hope not. The car is STILL in the shop. 4 days short of being a month. The regional Ford folks have been contacted and are going to "open a case" with the dealership. The service I have gotten has been **** poor to say the least. One hang up was the starter being "on order." One would think that a starter would be a common stock part. The answers I get from the dealership has been "it'll be in and we will have it tested and back to you hopefully tomorrow." They have been saying that **** for 3 weeks. There is one dude at this dealership who has tried to keep me updated, but has only done so for the last week. I believe he took over my case because the other guy was an idiot.
Freaking sux man, all the red tape dealerships put you through loaner car or not. I feel for you man i have a perfect mt -82 sitting here left over from a Tremec upgrade..they could have had you on the road in a few days but they'd rather have you wait a month for the install. And if their techs are anything like their customer service your screwed! I will never take my car to a dealership again even for a minor repair, of course my warranty is void with all I've done....lol good luck hang in there!
Old 11-08-2013, 12:10 PM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
Freaking sux man, all the red tape dealerships put you through loaner car or not. I feel for you man i have a perfect mt -82 sitting here left over from a Tremec upgrade..they could have had you on the road in a few days but they'd rather have you wait a month for the install. And if their techs are anything like their customer service your screwed! I will never take my car to a dealership again even for a minor repair, of course my warranty is void with all I've done....lol good luck hang in there!
Well, the car will supposedly be done today. Exactly one month after being put in the shop. The corporate folks at Ford have been very nice and actually offered a killer extended warranty at no charge to me due to the ridiculous inconvenience. The dude who has been my service advisor for the last week and a half has been extremely helpful and informative as well. It is just absolutely asinine for a repair like this to take a month. I will do a tremec upgrade in mine post-warranty and pre-mods if I have it that long.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 GT Starter Flew Apart