Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Disappointed about Steeda CAI and Tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 10:20 AM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Don't run the car with the CAI on there and STOCK tune! That could damage the engine, which is not good at all.

When I first got mine I went with the setup from American Muscle with their Bama tune. I went from 375 at the rears to 412, so something is not running right there.

I have had custom tuning done to the car since then and its now getting up to 420 really have to push it to make it do it though.

But do not run the stock tune on there with that intake, unless it specifically says no tune required but in that case the CAI is just a waste and not doing anything, but look nice.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Dineau
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangVixenGT
Don't run the car with the CAI on there and STOCK tune! That could damage the engine, which is not good at all.

When I first got mine I went with the setup from American Muscle with their Bama tune. I went from 375 at the rears to 412, so something is not running right there.

I have had custom tuning done to the car since then and its now getting up to 420 really have to push it to make it do it though.

But do not run the stock tune on there with that intake, unless it specifically says no tune required but in that case the CAI is just a waste and not doing anything, but look nice.
That I know very well, but the tune sent to me was wrong so not my fault.... Luckily I only tried it for a couple of minutes and the drive condition (very cold) with the wrong tune was still in the safe zone....

Can't wait to see now what is the actual gain with this new tune.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:55 PM
huntiez
1st Gear Member

should enjoy it i went am for my tune and havent had a problem yet hope they clear things up for u lets us know how it runs after its all set up