Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Brembo spare tire delete help

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 01:40 PM
sentino

Default Brembo spare tire delete help

O.K. I got my 2014 GT 3 weeks ago, and I just noticed there is no lug nut wrench! I knew about the spare-tire delete. I assume the wrench was deleted too, because I have the Brembo package. This means no spare wheel since it will not work with the oversized Brembo calipers, so no lug-nut wrench required, since I will not be changing any wheels. . .?
For those of you who may not know, Ford puts an air compressor (with a patch compound inside) in place of a spare. Am I correct? I could not find one! I ended up buying a wrench so I could put the locking nut on each wheel. What do some of you recommend? Thanks!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:51 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

I went to Harbor Freight Tools and picked up a cheap scissor jack and folding lug wrench. It all fits in the recess for the spare tire. I also bought a plug kit. At least this way if I get a flat somewhere I can at least remove the wheel and avoid having the car towed. I've had good luck with tire plugs on my motorcycles and won't leave home without them?

It sounded like you did not find the Ford compressor in the tire well? If not your dealer should supply you with that.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:36 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Your car should have come with a compressor kit. Regarding a lug wrench, I have a tool kit..
Old 12-19-2013, 02:57 PM
sentino

I did get the compressor kit when the car was delivered. . . I meant I could not find a wrench. I now have one and was able to put the locks on the wheels.