Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

critique my build plans

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Default critique my build plans

Hey all, ive been saving alot of money recently and soon after taxes, and more paychecks ill be able to order most if not all parts for my build. this will be for my 2011 GT 6 speed. It currently has factory 3.73s, slp axlebacks, jpc over axle pipes, bama 89 tune and a steeda CAI.

The car will be a weekend cruiser/show car but with some spirited driving involved. I would like to be at 600rwhp, safely and reliably. I plan to spend roughly $10,000.

What i plan to get:

-Eibach pro-system plus
-Eibach adjustable rear LCA's
-Eibach camber bolts
-BMR panhard bar
-MT street radials series II (305/35/18) sound right?
-Autometer wideband A/F gauge
-Roush Boost gauge
-speed of sound dual pod gauge Pillar
-Kooks Long tubes
-Kooks green catted X pipe
And last but not least: A roush tvs2300 phase 2 kit

Couple questions though: What should i go with as far as Longtubes... 1 7/8" dia or 1 3/4?

does the tire size listed above sound correct? I bought the car with 18" aftermarket bullitt wheels, so im not sure on the width of the rear rims.

Did i forget anything that i should get? anything that is necessary or pretty important that i should pick up? Feel free to list some items that i need/dont need or other parts thats important. I plan to run a safe tune by a reputable shop.. i may even take it to brenspeed for the blower installation so i can retain my warranty.

What do you guys think? Thanks, Too excited to start this!!
Old 01-11-2014, 04:38 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Adjustable lower control arms are not necessary. But an adjustable upper is. camber bolts are referred to as crash bolts for a reason. If they let go bad things will happen. If a blower is in your future definitely go with 1 7/8. The Kooks are actually a mid length header FYI.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:52 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

So ive been reading alot about LCA's being really necessary for traction and eliminating wheel hop.. ? not disagreeing with you id just like to know more about this.

thanks for the 1-7/8 comment, i was thinking it would be that but didnt know for sure.

as for the camber bolts, do you recommend them then or go for the camber plates?
Old 01-11-2014, 06:08 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Yes you will need lower control arms but just don't get the adjustable ones. I would go with the BMR lower control arm and relocation brackets. I would even consider the BMR springs. You can use the camber bolts and many do but god forbid they break. They are not nearly as strong as the stock ones. A good combo and reasonably priced are the GT500 strut mounts. You can install them with the arrows pointing in and gain back some of your negative camber. You must use 05-10 struts with those though. They work well together.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:22 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

The main thing is to make sure you DO upgrade the control arms, since those Roush TVSs are BRUTAL. Of course, I recommend UPR Products control arms... (UPR's 2010 GT cuts 1.35 60-foot times on drag radials with the Roush TVS) but either of the other two companies mentioned will work.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:23 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
The main thing is to make sure you DO upgrade the control arms, since those Roush TVSs are BRUTAL. Of course, I recommend UPR Products control arms... (UPR's 2010 GT cuts 1.35 60-foot times on drag radials with the Roush TVS) but either of the other two companies mentioned will work.
so LCA's and relocation brackets and i should be set? Ive heard UPR is a great brand. could you give me a link of some stuff i could use. if so, could you hook me up with a decent price?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:02 PM
2012StangMan
1st Gear Member

Do not get adjustable LCAs. Get the non-adjustable ones. I recommend you get an adjustable UCA. Not sure of the exact drop with the Eibach pros. But my H&R super sports were a 2.4". I needed an adjustable UCA to bring pinion angle back into spec. An offset pinion angle will eventually lead to premature differential seal failure. Do not get the camber bolts, they are junk. Do either what scottmach stated, or you can go with cc plates. I cant vouch for UPR products, but I love my BMR stuff. I've also heard that when you add forced induction, its a really good idea to upgrade oil pump gears. You have one hell of a list there. It will be a monster. I'm wanting a Roush phase 3 supercharger sooooo bad. If I can find someone who would let me finance one.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:33 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

thanks for the advice. i was thinking about saving up for another cobra (around 10k worth and pay cash) but thats just an increase cost of storage every year, insurance, etc, etc... so i figured make a monster of the 2011. I might get the CC plates by the way
Old 01-12-2014, 09:34 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
so LCA's and relocation brackets and i should be set? Ive heard UPR is a great brand. could you give me a link of some stuff i could use. if so, could you hook me up with a decent price?
Indeed.

I'd go with these LCAs:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ushing-05.html

and these relo brackets since you'll be lowered:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-l...et-kit-05.html

I can give you the forum discount and throw in a free t-shirt if you'd like. Just PM me some contact info and I'll take care of you.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:43 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Indeed.

I'd go with these LCAs:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ushing-05.html

and these relo brackets since you'll be lowered:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-l...et-kit-05.html

I can give you the forum discount and throw in a free t-shirt if you'd like. Just PM me some contact info and I'll take care of you.
awesome.. when im ready to purchase ill shoot ya a PM. thanks

Quick Reply: critique my build plans