Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

13 mustang stuck in 5th gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 08:01 PM
shinerttu
2nd Gear Member

Did Ford deny the repair? What was wrong? In my Nissan I went out one night and ran hard for like at least an hour, next thing I know it doesn't matter what gear I was in but my car acted like I was in neutral. Took my car in, got a whole new transmission which had to be built at the Nissan factory. The bill was over 10k but was all covered. Dodged a bullet there so I'm curious about your experience. If Ford is unreasonable about warranty work I might go back to Nissan.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:24 PM
luvmygt
2nd Gear Member

I really want to know his mods...and what other repairs he needed so soon in the life of the car

Last edited by luvmygt; 01-21-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:45 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

You stated "I bought a Mustang, not a Focus", what are you doing to this car? If you are purposely damaging it to see just how far it will go? If so, then you have no complaints on Ford. That would be on you. GM nor Chrysler will honor self caused damage, nor will any other manufacturer. They know these cars and what they are capable of doing. If there is constant damage to driveline parts, that pretty much subscribes to the drivers misuse of vehicle parts. I guess, I'll ask again. What are you doing to your car to break the drivetrain?

Last edited by akdoggie; 01-21-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: drivetrin
Old 01-23-2014, 08:20 PM
P51C
2nd Gear Member

Could poke your head up under the thing and unbolt the shifter box from the floor and see if you can get it out of gear. If the hangup is there, that's and easy fix. If it won't come out, yer in for a teardown at the dealer and likely a squabble of some kind.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:21 AM
AKRA
1st Gear Member

When my car was less than 1000 miles old I had problems with 5th gear. The dealer had to rebuild the tranny. The mechanic had over 25 years experience rebuilding transmissions. Since he rebuilt it I have not had any issues. I have 14000 miles now. These trannys are known for having issues. Especially if you try banging the gears. You can screw up the syncros very easy.

Take it back to the dealer and make them fix it.

Good luck.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:59 PM
Robles_1320

So my car is completely stock only things done to it are upgraded clutch fluid line for a braided one / center force twin disk / 295 / 35 potenza tires all around and coil overs ...

I drive the car fast. But not to the point were things should brake
I owned
A srt10 - 6spd
3 SS camaros all 3 stick
71 c10 with a ls6 6spd
I know it's not my driving breaking the parts

But after going to the dealer on Thursday and finding out the repair was declined
And they needed to replace the trans I was done with ford honestly
I was upside down 8k on the car I wen to the bank got the money made the payment to even it out with the value of the car and traded it in for a 2012 CTS V ...making 625 rwhp

U guys that depend on ford to cover things when they brake
Are in for a surprise

On my SRT10 engine blow up at 20k
I was pushing a 150 shot of nitrous put everything back to stock got it towed to dodge
The repair was 22k and dealer order me a new engine and I had my v10 back in two weeks
No questions asked

ford doesn't know how to take care of there good customers !
Old 01-26-2014, 05:18 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Sounds like the dealership blows. That CTSV is badass though.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:11 PM
shinerttu
2nd Gear Member

CTS V FTW!
Old 01-26-2014, 08:40 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by Robles_1320
So my car is completely stock only things done to it are upgraded clutch fluid line for a braided one / center force twin disk / 295 / 35 potenza tires all around and coil overs ...

I drive the car fast. But not to the point were things should brake
I owned
A srt10 - 6spd
3 SS camaros all 3 stick
71 c10 with a ls6 6spd
I know it's not my driving breaking the parts

But after going to the dealer on Thursday and finding out the repair was declined
And they needed to replace the trans I was done with ford honestly
I was upside down 8k on the car I wen to the bank got the money made the payment to even it out with the value of the car and traded it in for a 2012 CTS V ...making 625 rwhp

U guys that depend on ford to cover things when they brake
Are in for a surprise

On my SRT10 engine blow up at 20k
I was pushing a 150 shot of nitrous put everything back to stock got it towed to dodge
The repair was 22k and dealer order me a new engine and I had my v10 back in two weeks
No questions asked

ford doesn't know how to take care of there good customers !
Haven't had any problems with Ford and my car. They rebuilt the transmission, no questions, when I was having issues with it.

On my 2006 they replaced the head gasket that blew, and the service manager knew I was racing the car on the weekends.

There must be more to your story then you have let on.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:23 AM
AKRA
1st Gear Member

I would never do business with that dealer again. Find another ford dealer and don't mention the clutch.

My last car was an 07 automatic, had a saleen supercharger and they still covered the tranny rebuild.

Quick Reply: 13 mustang stuck in 5th gear