Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What steering mode do you drive in?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 04:08 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Default What steering mode do you drive in?

Wonder what everyone uses. Casual, standard, Sport

I was using sport for past 2months but it seems roads with alot of dips and bumps made the car want to follow the paths more and make keeping it straight harder. Switched to standard and it is easier to keep it straight on rougher roads now
Old 01-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

When I first got my car I kept it in standard because I didn't even know there was this mode. Now I always keep it in sport. At first I didn't feel too much of a difference between them but being in sport for over a year and 10k miles, comfort just seems way too loose and I feel that mode tracks bumps and grooves the most.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:36 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

I tried comfort for a few min and thought it felt to lose for me. Sport was good but it just seem to track bad on bad roads for me. Going back to standard seems to track best. It's not to lose feeling either
Old 01-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

I think it's a cool feature...especially for standard equipment. It adds a nice bit of heft to the feel. Switch between the settings as you're making a sharp turn and you can immediately feel the changes.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:48 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

There's something other than sport?
Old 01-30-2014, 05:55 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

I have been playing with all the different settings, comfort setting feels a little numb, sport a little stiff for freeway cruising, but I like it in the twisties and around town. The best compromise seems to be standard for mixed driving.

Does anyone know if the lock to lock turns are changed in the different modes? I feel they are not, or at least the difference is too small to be obvious. It seems it's just the steering effort that's adjusted from what I can tell. I think it would be better if the sport setting also quickened the steering.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WJBertrand
I have been playing with all the different settings, comfort setting feels a little numb, sport a little stiff for freeway cruising, but I like it in the twisties and around town. The best compromise seems to be standard for mixed driving.

Does anyone know if the lock to lock turns are changed in the different modes? I feel they are not, or at least the difference is too small to be obvious. It seems it's just the steering effort that's adjusted from what I can tell. I think it would be better if the sport setting also quickened the steering.
I don't think it actually physically changes anything. It just uses electronics to make the steering feel more weighted in sport mode.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:19 PM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

Sport mode 24/7
Old 01-31-2014, 10:32 AM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

I always turn everything off. Hold brake and press the traction control button for 5 seconds. I want to spin the tires when I want to lol. Comfort for long highway drives!
Old 01-31-2014, 12:52 PM
Black Fire
1st Gear Member

Put it in sport when I picked it up at the dealer, hasn't changed since.

Quick Reply: What steering mode do you drive in?