Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #21
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014, Ford, Mustang GT

Yes, I agree...if you've got a mustang gt, then it is required for you to install an after-market exhaust. Just kidding!
The thing is this...I too was looking for an exhaust for my 14 gt, but I just couldn't see spending between $400-$600 for it.
I called my local shop, next town over, and asked which mufflers they carry for a Mustang GT. The man told me, "We have Flowmasters and Magnaflows." I asked if they were stainless steel, he told me the Magnaflows are stainless steel. I asked the price, and he told me $200 installed.
I have used this shop in the past, and will have my new exhaust installed this Friday, the 14th! YEAH!!!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
PeteInFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #22
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014, Ford, Mustang GT

Well, I got my exhaust system installed. I wanted the Magnaflow, but the strangest thing happened when I got to the muffler place.
There was a 2013 Mustang GT on the rack right ahead of me, and the man who owned it was having Flowmasters installed. After the completion of the job, the man started it up, and damn did it sound good. After he paid his bill, he drove down the road, winding it up pretty good before he shifted into 2nd gear. I realized then, I wanted the same set-up. The '13 Mustang GT sound perfect! Now my '14 sounds perfect also. I am pleased. The whole thing cost me only $217., and that is with tax included.
PeteInFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:28 PM   #23
Biffster

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Default I went with the Ford Racing (GT 500) exhaust!

I want to thank everyone again for their feedback. After watching various videos of the different exhaust options out there, I took a lot of your advice and went with the GT500 axle back exhaust.

I ordered it from Bickford Ford up here in the Seattle area. It arrived pretty quickly and they installed it on Friday. It sounds INCREDIBLE! The GT now barks at start up and it has an aggressive note when accelerating. On decel, it crackles and pops just a bit. Once I get up to speed and get into "cruise mode" its pretty much silent. Absolutely no drone in the cabin.

The only issue I had was during shipping, one of the tips was bent slightly. Bickford Ford is ordering a replacement and I'll have it replaced next week.

Again, thanks to all of you for your guidance. My Mustang now has a great voice to back up that 5.0!!
Biffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #24
Sniperfox

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

I have been trying to decide between the GT500 vs. the Ford Racing Sport AB mufflers. The Ford Racing Sports I am told have a slightly better sound with better looking exhaust tips. Anyone have any videos of these to compare?
Sniperfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:20 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
aftermarket, exhaust