Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!
Old 11-04-2015, 12:03 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Brand new 2014 Mustang GT with a/c problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 05:26 PM
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

Default Brand new 2014 Mustang GT with a/c problems

Hello All, I just bought my 14 mustang gt 2.5 weeks ago, and today it went to the Ford dealer for warranty work on its air-conditioning. The problem is, at 82 degrees, the car is barely comfortable inside. The air blows cool, but not cold. The technician thinks it may be the expansion valve, but he isn't sure. He had to order the part, so they are keeping my new car overnight. What a pain!
"Ford Quality Is Job #1!", yeah right. This disturbs me a great deal.
I once bought a new 1983 Mustang GT, and had no problem with that car ever, except for some reason the rear tires wore out quickly, hmmmnnn.
I hope this is not a bad omen.
Any thoughts about the late model mustangs having a/c problems?
I have searched in this forum, and have only found a few problems with older 'stangs.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:32 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Maybe it'd a friday car (assembled on a friday).

Did they explain why they need to keep the car overnight? Did they give a loaner? Hopefully that willbe the last issue though.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:01 PM
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

Well, I got my Mustang back today at lunch....and the a/c works nicely, at least so far. Yes, they did give me a loaner car. It was a Ford Fussion, nice car. They were very nice to me at the stealership.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:58 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PeteInFlorida
I once bought a new 1983 Mustang GT, and had no problem with that car ever, except for some reason the rear tires wore out quickly, hmmmnnn.
I have searched in this forum, and have only found a few problems with older 'stangs.
No automaker has a 0% defect rate. If you expect such, not even saintly Honda can give that to you.

My 2010 Mustang needed no unscheduled trips to the dealer. My 2012 has needed one; the ESC warning came on and it needed a new steering rack (steering angle sensor went bad.). Does this mean my 2012 is an incredible piece of junk? No, all it means is that modern cars are terrifyingly complicated machines and if you expect absolute perfection pretty much everyone is going to disappoint you.

Last edited by jz78817; 03-06-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Every now and then you'll get a bad part. It's rare but it happens.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:23 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PeteInFlorida
Hello All, I just bought my 14 mustang gt 2.5 weeks ago, and today it went to the Ford dealer for warranty work on its air-conditioning. The problem is, at 82 degrees, the car is barely comfortable inside. The air blows cool, but not cold. The technician thinks it may be the expansion valve, but he isn't sure. He had to order the part, so they are keeping my new car overnight. What a pain!
Don't sweat the small stuff. It sounds like a small issue that hopefully Ford will figure out quickly for you and get it back on the road. It is a comfort feature, put the windows down until they fix it. Its not like a #8 cylinder issue or anything significant like that.

BTW, What's it like to have temperatures high enough to use the AC in March? There's a good number of us that have no clue what that's like. lol.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:24 PM
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
Don't sweat the small stuff. It sounds like a small issue that hopefully Ford will figure out quickly for you and get it back on the road. It is a comfort feature, put the windows down until they fix it. Its not like a #8 cylinder issue or anything significant like that.

BTW, What's it like to have temperatures high enough to use the AC in March? There's a good number of us that have no clue what that's like. lol.
Actually, it is quite nice to have warm temperatures in March. I just hope the A/C keeps up when summer time rolls around.
By the way, I bought nothing but Toyotas since 1995, and have never had to bring it back to the dealership for warranty work. I have never paid as much for a car as I have for this Mustang GT either.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:57 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

When I first bought my 14 GT back last August, the AC felt like it wasn't working that well at first but it seemed to get better the more I drove it. I took the car on vacation to Galveston TX in early September when the temps where still in the upper 80's, low 90's and the AC seemed to work fine. I will see how it feels once it gets hot again.

Wayne
Old 03-08-2014, 06:47 AM
jester0618
1st Gear Member

A/C?? What the heck is that? I've had to use my seat heater every day for the last 3 months.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:46 PM
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 70monte
When I first bought my 14 GT back last August, the AC felt like it wasn't working that well at first but it seemed to get better the more I drove it. I took the car on vacation to Galveston TX in early September when the temps where still in the upper 80's, low 90's and the AC seemed to work fine. I will see how it feels once it gets hot again.

Wayne
Your post makes me feel better. Since I have gotten my car back for the A/C repair, in my opinion, the A/C has been working well...I'm quite satisfied now. I even gave my FORD dealership a very favorable response on the email questionnaire. They were very nice to me, and treated me well.

Quick Reply: Brand new 2014 Mustang GT with a/c problems