Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Axle back exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Criticalmass

Originally Posted by Criticalmass
Any recommendations for who to order them from? and thanks for your response
Ok. I ordered them (not in stock at the moment but supposed to be more on the way).

Now I need to find someplace I can trust to install them correctly. I really wish I could do the work myself, but my back won't let me.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:11 PM
GTC
1st Gear Member

Regarding the Borla post on this thread:

Borla guy in the video says, “ . . . are built for drivers that want to sound stronger and run faster than the factory herd. To them the stock exhaust system just doesn’t sound right. Doesn’t give them the power they're looking for. They want every commute every road trip every errand every single time their in the car to be a full-on race car experience."

You forgot to mention that the exhaust note also attracts Victoria's Secret models.

That is about the most juvenile over-the-top collection of marketing gobbledy goop I've ever heard.

Last edited by GTC; 07-08-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:42 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTC
Regarding the Borla post on this thread:

Borla guy in the video says, “ . . . are built for drivers that want to sound stronger and run faster than the factory herd. To them the stock exhaust system just doesn’t sound right. Doesn’t give them the power they're looking for. They want every commute every road trip every errand every single time their in the car to be a full-on race car experience."

You forgot to mention that the exhaust note also attracts Victoria's Secret models.

That is about the most juvenile over-the-top collection of marketing gobbledy goop I've ever heard.
The Borla video is obviously geared towards a certain target audience. Personally I am not a Borla fan for the Mustangs - IMHO it makes them sound like a ricer
Old 07-08-2014, 07:43 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Criticalmass
Ok. I ordered them (not in stock at the moment but supposed to be more on the way).

Now I need to find someplace I can trust to install them correctly. I really wish I could do the work myself, but my back won't let me.
I have had 7 back surgeries, so I understand some of the struggles. But bet your butt I have been under my car and could/would change out a bolt-on exhaust myself.
You can't let back problems dictate your life; it will eat you up.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:15 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
I have had 7 back surgeries, so I understand some of the struggles. But bet your butt I have been under my car and could/would change out a bolt-on exhaust myself.
that's nice. I'm not that old, but over the past month I've been experiencing back spasms for the first time in my life. They're not crippling, but when they occur I literally have to stop moving and let them subside, and I can't predict when they happen. So you can sit there and toot your own horn about how goddamn awesome you think you are, but just because you've had back surgery doesn't mean you're experiencing the same thing as someone else with different back problems.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Criticalmass

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
I've had 2. The second one was a Quad Spinal Fusion. My Neurosurgeon wanted to split it into 3 surgeries. I forced him to do it all at once. It is not about letting it stop me. It is about preserving what I have left of my back and my life. The last one nearly killed me due to the extenuating circumstances and going through a divorce and losing my business all at the same time I was half dead by the time I was put under the knife. The Neurosurgeon himself didn't want to do it. But my Cardiologist, my Primary, and my pain management doctor all got together and gave him a call. I have permanent nerve damage in both legs because it went on for so long before I was able to get it taken care of (due to the divorce I was going through). I am 43 and have the spine of a 68 year old man. It is what it is. I have to do what I can to stick around for my Wife and step daughter.

I exercise regularly, I take out the trash, I will lift up to 50 pounds even though I've been told not to go over 20 for the rest of my life, But I won't risk the hell I went through last time again. I do not expect you to understand as my circumstances are a bit unique and if I push it, I could end up in a wheelchair for the rest of my life (which would be short).

So yeah, I'm going to have to have someone else do it. I just don't know any place out here I can trust, and that worries me. I tell everyone to take care of their back. take very good care of it because you do not want to get to the point where you're willing to eat a bullet to get the pain to stop or end up going through what amounts to heroin withdrawals (Oxycontin) It debilitates you, it humiliates you, the things you can't do for yourself, and if you get stuck in a situation like I was, (a year in 24/7 agonizing back and sciatic pain, non stop) eventually you will start to give up. Everyone has their limits. Take damn good care of your back. Advances in back surgery have not progressed as far as, say, cancer treatment has over the last 30 years. The pain I live with every day is nothing compared to what it was. But it is a constant reminder. I don't have the luxury of being back to 100% without pain, so that wisp of a reminder every day of how bad it CAN be is always there for me. (and no I don't normally take pain meds for it, I choose to let it serve as what it is, my reminder not to do something stupid and do more damage).

Anyways. It doesn't appear that we have a Lentz around here. Midas, Meineke (sp), and a few other muffler type shops.

Last edited by Criticalmass; 07-09-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:21 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Here is a sound clip of our exhaust - before & after:

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang...515-steeda-11/

Product Benefits
Saves 22lbs over stock exhaust!
Increased Horsepower & Torque
Improved Gas Mileage
Straight through design for better flow
Comes With Lifetime Warranty
Does Not Void Vehicles Factory Warranty