Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Axle back exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 10:34 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I have had 3 sets of axlebacks on mine. First was the GT500's, much better then the factory set up and absolutely no drone. The sound was amazing, but left me wanting more volume.

I then went with the Flowmaster Hushpowers (now pro series) and they were much louder then the GT500's, sounded deep but had a slight drone around 1900-2200 rpms. Had the volume but not the sound I wanted and drone was a bit annoying.

Finally the Roush axlebacks. They had the sound and volume I was looking for and absolutely no drone. Now that my car is no longer daily driven, only enjoyed on nice weekend days, I'm considering an offroad H for more volume

OP seems like GT500's are what you're looking for
Old 05-07-2014, 06:58 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by conejo172
I'm considering an offroad H for more volume
Off road H or X with Roush AB's is not a good combination IMO. I know because I tried it. Insanely loud. If that's what you want, then fine. But, I like a loud car and I hated it.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:25 AM
Sniperfox

Have any of you guys tried the Ford Racing Sport Axel Back mufflers? They cost more than the GT500 AB, but I was told that they are made by Borla and supposedly sound better than the GT500s.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Mr Nice Guy
1st Gear Member

I am planning the GT500s. I want louder than stock with no drone and won't be insanely loud with an ORX pipe when I add one sometime in the future. I really like the dual setup of the 13-14 but it's a bit more money than I want to spend. That rear valence does look hot though.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:17 AM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Picked up a set of the GT500s, should have them tomorrow. My previous car was a 07GT with a Vortech V3, had MAC boomtubes. The sound fit the style/appearance of the car. Didn't want something too loud for the 2014, looking forward to the new setup!
Old 06-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Slow*Jim
1st Gear Member

I have Magnaflow Competition. Loud when I floor it but just barely louder than stock when cruising. I am installing an offroad X-pipe soon though and I am sure this will make it much louder
Old 07-03-2014, 05:51 PM
billyb_at_borla
Former Sponsor

hi guys - Borla systems for this car are ready and on sale with many of our partners and distributors now. Be sure to check online as there are constantly deals going on with free shipping as well. As far as the sound, I've attached a video clip that shows all three sound levels. Also note that aside from our high quality austenitic stainless steel, we also back our parts with a million mile warranty. Good luck and happy motoring!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Criticalmass

So,

I have a question about this. I'm interested in the axle back GT500 exhaust. I have two issues #1. It seems like a lot of places sell their own version of this, and #2, because I live in an apartment, I would need someone to install these (apartment rules, and 2 back surgeries prevent me from doing the work myself).

Any recommendations for purchasing and installing these? I'm in the Greenville, SC area. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:26 AM
AKRA
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Criticalmass
So,

I have a question about this. I'm interested in the axle back GT500 exhaust. I have two issues #1. It seems like a lot of places sell their own version of this, and #2, because I live in an apartment, I would need someone to install these (apartment rules, and 2 back surgeries prevent me from doing the work myself).

Any recommendations for purchasing and installing these? I'm in the Greenville, SC area. Any help would be appreciated.
Take them to an exhaust shop and pay them to do it. I think Lentz only charged me $45 to install my Bassani Axil Backs.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Criticalmass

Originally Posted by AKRA
Take them to an exhaust shop and pay them to do it. I think Lentz only charged me $45 to install my Bassani Axil Backs.
Any recommendations for who to order them from? and thanks for your response

Quick Reply: Axle back exhausts