i just got my JBA H-Pipe w/ cat delete installed today. I already have the gt500 axel back.
I was very very scared that it would be ridiculously loud. here's my first day impressions:
1. It basically magnifies the sound of the gt500 axle backs.
2. There is no drone at cruising speeds, esp 6th. 6th gear is perfectly quiet.
3. It's louder. WHen you rev, its def louder, and the more throttle you put down, it def gets loud. It will turn a lot more heads, but in a good way. It sounds like a BEEFED UP version of the GT500 axleback
4. Going through tunnels, it is loud, but so beautiful.
5. with the windows down, it def gets a little loud, but with the windows up, i was able to hold conversations and not have to turn my music up.
6. The smell isnt that bad, in fact i barely ever smelled it IN the car. Just mostly if i walked around the car.
7. Idle is perfectly quiet, and smooth. Startup is a slightly louder, but goes away once rpms drop.
I put on the Bama cat delete and hpipe tune and man it's just so responsive. The throttle response is improved, and the whole tq curve seems much smoother and comes faster.
If you have the GT500 axle backs, i would recommend it, but beware it's a bit louder, but not inbearable. it's beautiful.
2012 GT Premium
[sold] 2010 Mazdaspeed3
[sold] 2004 Vortech Infiniti G35