Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New 2014 GT - order my mods...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 08:37 PM
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

Fortunately, it came with factory tint and I kept my old 19's since they were brand new. Was part of the deal that sent me over the fence at the dealership. Damnit. Was just stopping by to take a look.

definitely needs to come down an inch or two.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:32 AM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
LOL. I think it sounds exactly the way a car putting 400+ at the wheels should sound. Its a nasty sound and I love every second that I drive it. It is even wifey approved
Mine was wifey approved (she bought the deletes for my bday) until I convinced her that we should take my car for a trip with 6 hours of travel time one way. Needless to say, pissed wouldn't even begin to describe lol. It wouldn't of been that bad if the damn windows were down! Either way she still loves it for short trips haha
Old 05-31-2014, 10:40 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Something you should also add to your mod list:

- Shocks, springs, control arms like Brazen has describe. The stock suspension equipment is only for daily driving and woefully inadequate for hard launches. You will wheel hop your drivetrain to destruction if you launch even just moderately hard on the stock suspension parts.

- Better shifter. Trust me; the MT82 stock shifter is totally inadequate for when you are shifting at above 4000RPM. You will get locked out because the engine and transmission will flex out of position form the Coyote's torque. Ford put in too soft of parts for the sake of trying to make the Mustang too much of a daily driver.

Defo, strike the 4.10:1 rear gears. You do not need that in your ride. The MT82 has a very deep 1st gear, 3.66:1 ratio and with 3.73:1 rear gears, you already have a better total gear ratio than a TR3650 with 4.10:1 rear gear.
Even with just 3.73:1 rear gears, you basically render your 1st gear ineffective in daily driving. You can start off in 2nd gear without any stalling on 3.73:1 rears. The 3.72:1 rears are basically only useful for drag racing where you need as much instantaneous torque as possible.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:29 PM
kdwilkerson

Originally Posted by AKRA
I would start with a cold air intake, tune, and axial back exhaust. Just these items will add about 35 to 40 hp and a nice seat of the pants feeling.

If interested I have a C & L intake a ran two months before I purchased the supercharger I'll sell you for $100 plus shipping. Original cost $350. (See http://www.brenspeed.com/3000gt11cnl.html) It requires a tune.

With exhaust it sounds like you are eventually going with LT header with no CATs. From what I understand GT500 exhaust is the way to go. Will be a little tame until you remove the CATs and add the headers.

Good luck and enjoy that new car.
Wondering if you have the intake for sale still? I ordered the tune from Brenspeed and haven't received it yet. Would likely still have time for them to modify before shipping.

2014 GT 5.0 Premium Automatic

Thanks!

KD Wilkerson
Evansville, IN
Old 06-03-2014, 09:07 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by azdevil1
Just picked up a 2014 5.0 - 6 speed manual. Just sold the 08 S197. These are two tottallllly different cars and I'm still breaking in the Coyote at just 300 miles; and learning this new 6 speed gear box too. I have a list of mods for starters the next 60/90 days, similar to my last s197 mods - but wondering what order would you do them in? Why?
Am I missing any other "foundational" mods you'd rather do?

#1 lowering springs
#2 pandhard bar
#3 muffler deletes
#4 o/r h-pipe
#5 4:10 gears
#6 c/a intake + tune

down the road mods: short shifter, long tubes, cam, shocks/struts, stage 2 stuff.

thanks in advance for the help!
1. UPR Pro Series!
2. UPR Pro Street
3. Will be VERY loud! Might wanna consider Roush axle back.
4. UPR X-pipe works well, sounds great.
5. That's A LOT of gear for the 5.0. I'd hold off on that one.
6. Tune for sure, CAI is show to not be worth much power on a stock 5.0.

My suggestion:

Tire and Suspension upgrades ASAP. The 5.0 is a totally different car with MOAR GRIP. My 2011 5.0 ran 12.20 @ 116 with the mods I mentioned above, and handled great.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:00 AM
kanetruck
1st Gear Member

Love these 2014 GT's only done the window tint right now. I've tinted every car/truck I've ever owned.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:01 AM
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

The only thing that sucks about the 2014's is limited body mods (IMO)
Just doesn't seem like a whole lot of body kits/fronts and side-rockers are available compared to other models. Hoping more are introduced this year...
Old 06-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

I'm kind of in the same boat (starting to think about mods), but I'm only planning on tune, exhaust down the road and maybe tint and short shifter. btw, what tune do you guys recommend? I was thinking of going with FRPP, but just recently heard about Hypermotive. I looking for mostly more torque in the lower power band and maybe a few ticks better mileage.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:20 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

I would give Jay at Hypermotive a chance. Auto or manual bobcat?
Old 06-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Slow*Jim
1st Gear Member

Long tubes + cat-back exhaust + tune goes a long way on these cars.

Quick Reply: New 2014 GT - order my mods...