Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Stock or not stock exhaust?

Old 06-05-2014, 10:11 PM
mbhw

Default Stock or not stock exhaust?

Alright, I bought my 2011 GT used. It seems to be all stock, however, it's so freaking loud and awesome sounding I'm questioning whether or not the exhaust is stock. I don't have a lift, but if anyone would be kind enough to post a pic of a stock 2011 exhaust I would appreciate it. My neighbor claims he can hear me start up each morning from across the street while in his house. This makes me smile!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:40 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Why don't you take a picture of yours and post it???

Any writing / branding on the mufflers? How many cats? X? H? You don't need a lift to get down and dirty on the ground and look.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:59 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Talk about lazy...........
Old 06-07-2014, 11:16 PM
mbhw

cruisin5268d - slipped disk in back, could get on ground but would have to stay there. I can barely get in and out of the car. It will have to wait a week or two for the swelling to subside, or I would have taken the picture route. I'm perfectly happy to get dirty. I've sourced a few pics on the net which make me believe it's stock with different mufflers or tips as a possibility. If memory serves, it's more of an H shape, running parallel until towards the end of the system.

scottmach - thanks for your kind words, see above. I appreciate your terrific contribution to my thread.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:49 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Honestly it's as dumb thread. You want to know if your exhaust is stock or not but don't want to post pics. If your back is not well then just wait until you're feeling better and then get a little dirty. Pretty simple.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:14 AM
mbhw

You are clearly a troll. Move on jackass
Old 06-08-2014, 10:08 AM
mbhw

Turns out they were Ford GT 500 "race" mufflers according to the local Ford dealer.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:57 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mbhw
cruisin5268d - slipped disk in back, could get on ground but would have to stay there. I can barely get in and out of the car. It will have to wait a week or two for the swelling to subside, or I would have taken the picture route. I'm perfectly happy to get dirty. I've sourced a few pics on the net which make me believe it's stock with different mufflers or tips as a possibility. If memory serves, it's more of an H shape, running parallel until towards the end of the system.

scottmach - thanks for your kind words, see above. I appreciate your terrific contribution to my thread.
I can't help but to wonder - if we posted pictures of a stock exhaust how would you compare it to yours, if you can't get down to take a picture of yours to post? Seems like a dead end road.

I am no stranger to back issues - I will soon be having my eight lumbar surgery.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:10 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

No such thing as "race" mufflers. There just plain old run of the mill GT500's.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:16 PM
mbhw

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
I can't help but to wonder - if we posted pictures of a stock exhaust how would you compare it to yours, if you can't get down to take a picture of yours to post? Seems like a dead end road.

I am no stranger to back issues - I will soon be having my eight lumbar surgery.
Feel better - back issues are no fun. While I understand pics would help, can't do it at the moment. Tried earlier, just got some blurry cell pics that don't show anything. The internet is a strange place, just looking for a stock pic, which I eventually found. Amazed at the loons that want to argue online. You at least gave me a few ideas - H vs X, cats, etc. I'm not a mechanic, perhaps it's naive to have expected to be pointed in the right direction without BS. I've driven 4 cylinder econo cars for years and never expected to own a V8 monster. Couldn't tell you squat about exhaust systems and didn't even realize there were multiple options.

Scottmach - calling threads dumb because it seems simple to you is asinine. This forum has been a great experience, and I'm surprised you have nothing better to do than take shots at folks behind a keyboard. Whatever - have a good one, I'm going to stay positive. It's funny, other forums were very helpful without the negativity. For someone who thinks this thread is so dumb, you sure posted a lot.

Off my soapbox, hopefully the next time a simplistic question is asked I won't get jumped on. I'm willing to guess tons of folks don't post because of negative BS like I've experienced here. I guess the old "do unto others" adage doesn't apply on the internet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock or not stock exhaust?