Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Cat Deletes

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 12:30 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Default Cat Deletes

Has anyone bought the cat delete pipes from American Muscle? How hard were they to put on? How high did it turn up the volume?
Old 05-23-2014, 01:33 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdback19
Has anyone bought the cat delete pipes from American Muscle? How hard were they to put on? How high did it turn up the volume?
I have the BBK cat deletes matched with flowmaster outlaw catback. It probably doubled the volume. The cats are huge! I love cat deletes and it took me roughly 1.5 hours. Something you should be aware of; the passenger side cat's outside bolt will be a pain. We took out my battery and holder, used a 2.5 foot half inh extender with a swivel socket to get it off.

Let me know if this helps.

PS I welded my deletes in place for the time being. I will be getting custom flanges made for bolt on/off.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:35 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jdback19
What Cat deletes are you after? You'll definitely love them. The installation is very easy and your car will be really loud. Mustangs without cat's sound awesome!

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

-Dan
Old 05-29-2014, 02:48 PM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

DO IT!! Just like slowbra I have the BBK Cat Deletes + BBK X-Pipe + FLowmaster Outlaws. It is LOUD! The sound is amazing, and less drone than when I just had the outlaw axlebacks.

I would recommend coupling the cat deletes with an X or H pipe. It will really wake up the sound and performance of your car. BBK and JBA sell modular type pipes with the cat delete and x or h pipe as separate pieces. They are the best bang for your buck.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:08 PM
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

Order these from Stage 3 Motorsports - http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...FYJqfgod2JAANw

Better price than AM (no surprise) - and you will always receive what you order from Stage 3.

They will certainly increase the LOUDNESS of your car but will seriously benefit from axleback exhaust too.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:21 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

I took mine to a local muffler shop to loosen the passenger bolt. Take them a case of beer and save yourself frustration. I did the install myself other than that.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:27 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by azdevil1
Order these from Stage 3 Motorsports - http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...FYJqfgod2JAANw

Better price than AM (no surprise) - and you will always receive what you order from Stage 3.

They will certainly increase the LOUDNESS of your car but will seriously benefit from axleback exhaust too.
HAHA, shameless!

Also, I am not sure what you implied by "your car will seriously benefit from axleback exhaust", but just to be clear, it will not be a performance benefit. Axlebacks are simply for sound on these cars. The cat delete with mid-pipe is where the restriction is and you will get some performance gains from those.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:50 AM
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
Also, I am not sure what you implied by "your car will seriously benefit from axleback exhaust",
Yes - I was referencing the increased benefit of LOUDNESS.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:49 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by azdevil1

OP and Azdevil1

We have the ability to have Price Matching set up here-While we typically don't have the ability to have Forums Codes stacked on with Price Match we're more than happy to get you hooked up if you would like.

-Alex
Old 06-10-2014, 10:33 AM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
DO IT!! Just like slowbra I have the BBK Cat Deletes + BBK X-Pipe + FLowmaster Outlaws. It is LOUD! The sound is amazing, and less drone than when I just had the outlaw axlebacks.

I would recommend coupling the cat deletes with an X or H pipe. It will really wake up the sound and performance of your car. BBK and JBA sell modular type pipes with the cat delete and x or h pipe as separate pieces. They are the best bang for your buck.
You have a video of that set up? Cat deletes, x-pipe and the outlaw? I'd be interested to see how loud this would be to be honest, it sounds insanely loud just from the mods that you listed.

Quick Reply: Cat Deletes