Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-19-2014, 01:35 AM   #1
GTC
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Premium GT
Default Back-Up Sensors From Motorcraft

As mentioned in other post, I bought a new 2014 GT today, but it was absent back up sensors. I never missed those before until I got was spoiled by a set on my 2013 V6.

If I get those installed by Ford at the dealership, will they operate the same as the factory installation where it's integrated with your dash computer?

Thanks for the help.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
GTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
Brando

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang

I'm curious as well!

I'm in the exact same situation, although the ones from the ford accessory store are "rear sensors by Rosen"...
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
tenfifteen
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 GT Premium Track

I think if the dealer installs them, they integrate it with the factory computer. I believe every feature in there is basically just turned on/off, similar to how the '13 cars can be updated to have some of the '15's rumored features.
tenfifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #4
Brando

Anyone have any input on this? I spoke with a service manager at a ford dealer this week and he wasn't keen on installing them because of their complexity...and he'd never done it before...
Old 07-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
GTC
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Premium GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Anyone have any input on this? I spoke with a service manager at a ford dealer this week and he wasn't keen on installing them because of their complexity...and he'd never done it before...
Wow, my dealer said they install them on trucks all the time, that it takes a trip to the body shop for the holes, and that he'd be glad to do a Mustang.
GTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
Brando

Wow... i spoke directly to the veteran service manager. He said he'd never done it before and wouldn't like my car to be the first! He said something about it being difficult to get the angles correct...which is implied by the installation part kit you need to purchase...
Old 07-21-2014, 09:45 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement