Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
dohc97

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang GT
Default anybody here has the Boss 302 side exhaust?

My car currently has the GT500 muffler and am thinking of adding these side exit exhausts.

Buy or no buy?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
dohc97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #2
nosyaj

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang GT

I purchased them because I found that combo + Roush axle backs was the best exhaust note that I wanted. I will not be installing them for about 2 weeks because I am on vacation...but when I get back I'll update you on them if you're still wondering about them. I plan on running them without the restrictor plate.
nosyaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
AMAlexLazarus
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt
http://www.facebook.com/americanmuscle http://www.twitter.com/americanmuscle http://www.instagram.com/americanmusclecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohc97 View Post
My car currently has the GT500 muffler and am thinking of adding these side exit exhausts.

Buy or no buy?
That's a good question and I was always under the impression that the Ford Racing Side Exit System
didn't throw that much noise but when it's paired with either the H or X pipe it really makes the car come alive. I would highly recommend it if you're looking to help the car breathe a little more efficiently while turning some heads!

let me know if you have any questions, I'm always here to help!

Alex
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
Schlicknick

Vehicle: 2013 Boss 302

I've got a 2013 Boss with gt500 mufflers out back and the side pipes with no baffles.

I drones a bit from 1900-2100 RPM, but not that bad. It's loud, but not obnoxious, and sounds amazing.

I say do it, the side pipes are really sweet.
Schlicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
Brando

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang

Great thread - I'm wondering the same thing.

Right now I have stock everything and would like a modest increase in sound (I don't want any extra attention for being too loud). I also like the idea of using Ford Racing parts because I can maintain my warranty...

Is there drone with the restrictor plates?

Anyone have the gt500 quad exhaust? Thoughts?

I'm think the boss quad or the gt500 quad...
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #6
Senderofan

Vehicle: 2013, Ford, Boss Mustang....2011 F350 CC, SB 6.7 Scorpion with mods

I put GT 500 axle backs on my Boss....2011 single tip units. I also went with an off road X pipe and ditched the side exhausts. Overall, IMHO, the car sounds a whole lot better both inside and out. Before removing the side exhaust...I had 3/4" hole inserts. You can appreciate some rumble and backfire on deceleration but listening to the car on the track......way too quite. With the X pipe you can really hear the motor rev. from the outside...but not to the point of it being obnoxious. There is still some backfiring on deceleration which can easily be heard...it's just not at your side.

Exhaust notes are very personal choices....so take my choice and MHO with a grain of salt.

Wayne
2013 PW Boss Mustang, Complete suspension upgrade, MGW, Whiteline tranny bushing, Carbotech XP 12 fr. / XP 10's r, Team Dynamics 18"x10" rims with Continental GT-O 305-650x18" slicks, PJ CF cai, FRPP 84.5mm tb, FRPP 47 lb injectors, O/R X pipe, GT 500 axle backs and Tuning by AED.

2011 F 350 CC, SB, 4x4 with modded 6.7 Scorpion PowerStroke

Last edited by Senderofan; 07-21-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Senderofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:31 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement