Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

AMAZING service from Steeda tuning!

Old 03-25-2015, 05:13 PM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

Default AMAZING service from Steeda tuning!

Ok, so I need to just put out there what a great experience I had with Steeda tuning recently. I had a Steeda tune on my last mustang and was very pleased so I decided to go with them again on my new mustang.

The problem I had was that the previous owner had a Boss IM installed @ Ford and a FRPP tune put in at the same time. He never had a handheld tuner as the dealer did the tune with their setup. Due to this, I couldn't flash back to stock and found myself with a predicament.

Basically I had to order a blank SCT and set an appt with my local dealership to have them flash back to stock. I would need to use the SCT to pull strategy codes and send them to Steeda who would then write the tune and get it back to me. While the tune was being done, I wouldn't be able to use my car as it would be a Boss IM with stock tune (no good).

As you can imagine, I was a bit nervous with having to coordinate so many people and none of it being in my control. Matt @ Steeda assured me he would take care of me from his end.

So I get to Ford at 8am and they have me flashed by 8:30 (awesome). Went home to wait for the SCT to arrive (slight issues with courier) but got it around 10am. Pulled the codes and submitted the form to Matt and called him up. Come to find out, there was an issue with the computer codes that required the head tuner at Steeda to write my tune so it would be an unknown amount of time before it was complete. At this point I had a mini-mental meltdown as it was Friday and I know the weekends are non-tuning days. Matt assured me again he would make sure I wasn't left without an undriveable car for the weekend. Tunes come in at 2pm and I'm down the road.

Aside from being very happy with the tune itself, I need to sing the praise of my local Ford dealer for being so efficient and truly speak to how happy I am with the service I got from Matt @ Steeda.

Thank you all!!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:20 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Glad to hear about a good experience. Too many people post threads about bad experiences, and not enough about good ones.
It is amazing how these cars can be tuned by email. Never would've even dreamed it possible years ago.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:30 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

We appreciate the feedback & positive reviews are always welcome!!

I will give Matt a high five

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 03-26-2015, 11:05 AM
elite130
2nd Gear Member

+1 thanks for the review. I am currently sitting here debating about a Steeda or Bama tune and I may have just been swayed to go with Steeda
Old 03-26-2015, 08:19 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

+1 thanks for the review. I am currently sitting here debating about a Steeda or Bama tune and I may have just been swayed to go with Steeda
Let me know if I can help assist with your order ... you will be very happy & I am always available by email tim@steeda.com

Best Regards,

TJ