Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Exhaust options

Old 04-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Erich813

Default Exhaust options

Hey all,

I'm sure this sort of thread has probably been started before but I honestly didn't feel like digging through the history.

I have a 2014 GT Mustang and as I'm sure everyone will agree the exhaust note is frankly LAME.

Here's the thing, I'm not going to ask you guys to compare anything specific because everyone will have their own opinion and I'll never really get a useful answer. Rather, I'm looking to find out which exhaust will best fit my specific needs. I love the old school classic sound, almost all the Mustangs I hear today all are too high pitched, raspy, poppy, or whiny.

I want an exhaust that will give me a VERY deep throaty sound, NO DRONE, (my mother's Vette drones like a bitch and I can't stand it) I really don't want pure volume, I get up at 5am alot, I don't need to be pissing everyone off every morning.

SO to summarize which exhaust will give me a moderate increase in volume without being obnoxious, An extremely deep 1960's throaty sound, no rasp or whine and no drone for my 2014 GT.

Go awesome Mustang forum, impress me with your collective knowledge.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:18 AM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Erich813
Hey all,

I'm sure this sort of thread has probably been started before but I honestly didn't feel like digging through the history.

I have a 2014 GT Mustang and as I'm sure everyone will agree the exhaust note is frankly LAME.

Here's the thing, I'm not going to ask you guys to compare anything specific because everyone will have their own opinion and I'll never really get a useful answer. Rather, I'm looking to find out which exhaust will best fit my specific needs. I love the old school classic sound, almost all the Mustangs I hear today all are too high pitched, raspy, poppy, or whiny.

I want an exhaust that will give me a VERY deep throaty sound, NO DRONE, (my mother's Vette drones like a bitch and I can't stand it) I really don't want pure volume, I get up at 5am alot, I don't need to be pissing everyone off every morning.

SO to summarize which exhaust will give me a moderate increase in volume without being obnoxious, An extremely deep 1960's throaty sound, no rasp or whine and no drone for my 2014 GT.

Hmmm. Deep throaty. Nah. I'll refrain from the 70's references. Seriously, the coyote motor has a more European growl and not a deep rumble. I have Corsa Sport axlebacks and it does have a bit of that rumble at idle, but put the pedal down and it growls/barks loud. Nobody would ever confuse it with a 2v pushrod engine, but to me it is music. My son has a 3v with muffler deletes and it's deeper but IMO not rumbling. Btw, the Corsa's have absolutely no drone at all. None.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:48 AM
12bigredstang
1st Gear Member

hi

I wanna get ford racing touring when I make the switch.

luke from Canada ehhhh
Old 04-05-2015, 02:50 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!

I could type a long, informative response but honestly I don't feel like typing that much. (sound like someone you know???)

Why would you join a community and right off the bat boast that you can't be bothered to read through the wealth of information. There's far more information available to you on this forum than what you would get in responses to this thread.

Help me help you.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:30 AM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

If you don't want drone but you want an aftermarket exhaust, you're going to have a hard time. Most exhausts on American V8's will have drone. It's subjective though, some drone isn't as bad as it is through company A rather than company B, but all in all the ones that I have the best recommendations for have been Corsa for the lack of drone. My flowmaster outlaw has a good amount of drone, so do the Magnaflow systems I've heard as well, but Corsa has been the best so far that I've had the chance to drive.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:30 PM
giaka

Deep sound with no drone go Gibson axle back. The company is local to me and for the money I am sure they cant be beat and the sound is awesome. Like you I wanted old school V8 sound and that's what I got. I have had several people pull along side me at red lights and tell me that's what a car should sound like.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:03 AM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Love my GT500's, no drone!
Old 04-07-2015, 02:00 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Erich813
Hey all,

Basically these mufflers, but for the 13-14 GT.

http://www.uprproducts.com/magnaflow...eet-ss-11.html

You can call us for a quote at 561.588.6630 because we're running a special on Magnaflow right now. I have these mufflers on my personal car and they sound excellent-not too loud and no drone. Btw, I've had stock, GT500, Magnaflow, and Roush on my personal cars so I'm not just giving a random bs answer.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Rams Eleven GT

Originally Posted by mdg
Love my GT500's, no drone!
I 2nd that vote.

Everyone who hears my car, says it sounds amazing. It's deep, and aggressive when you get on it, and no drone. No raspy sounds either compared to other exhausts that I find amplify some of the higher pitched notes from the exhausts. Again IMO.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:06 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
Welcome to the forum!

I could type a long, informative response but honestly I don't feel like typing that much. (sound like someone you know???)

Why would you join a community and right off the bat boast that you can't be bothered to read through the wealth of information. There's far more information available to you on this forum than what you would get in responses to this thread.

Help me help you.

Exactly

OP - It sounds like you want GT500 axle backs. No drone, nice sound and cheap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust options