Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

BAMA tune questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 03:53 PM
giaka

Default BAMA tune questions

Hello, just a quick note on what I have noticed with the BAMA tunes I have tried vs stock on my 2014 GT, then a question.

Stock, well what can I say, everyone here with a 2013 or 14 GT knows what stock feels like. LOL I actually like the stock tune other than it was inconsistent in regards to power delivery and the drive by wire throttle felt a little "disconnected". Also the rev limiter seemed to come on way to soon.

91S tune is a good one, seems to run flawlessly. The throttle response is much better than stock and power delivery is consistent. It feels like they tossed in ignition timing and cam tuning right around 4300 rpm and up and of course bumped the rev limiter to a more useful range. Power at mid-range and the top feels more aggressive over stock (taking advantage of 91 octane I would imagine). Overall the fuel mileage is about the same as stock with driving habits kept in check.

91P tune, now were talking. This tune is similar in feel throttle wise as 91S but with a ton of tuning done down low, I'm guessing 3300 rpm or so. It just has one hell of a grunt at that RPM and holds till redline. This is my favorite tune and leads up to my question.

93R tune (haven't tried it yet)

91P tune question. I absolutely love this tune, the car feels way more alive and my tires hate me. My question is how close to the bleeding edge is this tune? I am assuming knock detection sensor input is kept in tact to prevent damage? The reason I ask is the other day the temps got up into the 90s and I had three people in the car and a full tank of gas. When rolling on the throttle the power was there and the car felt find but down low it sounded different. It didn't sound like any pinging or detonation (although my exhaust is loud enough that it might be hard to hear pinging) but I hadn't noticed this sound previously when solo on cooler days. Maybe its just a bunch of cam overlap that I am hearing through that intake speaker thing that feeds sound into the cockpit?
Old 04-09-2015, 03:55 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Data log it and you will know.