Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

brenspeed 457c power package

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 01:15 PM
jwslaw

Default brenspeed 457c power package

like many....looking for more power and thru another thread came across the Brenspeed 475c package. Looks promising but interested if anyone else installed this and if so what they thought:

http://www.brenspeed.com/475c.html

Many thanks for any information
Old 07-22-2016, 01:58 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

I think I found my first power upgrade. I like how you can buy things in stages, though the 519 package seems a bit expensive. BBK long tubes and catted X pipe are only another $1k vs over $2k for their CJ exhaust.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:29 PM
jwslaw

Originally Posted by fourdegrees11
I think I found my first power upgrade. I like how you can buy things in stages, though the 519 package seems a bit expensive. BBK long tubes and catted X pipe are only another $1k vs over $2k for their CJ exhaust.

It does look appealing that you can progress further.

I do have some hesitation on the whole tuning thing since this is my daily driver... but you only live once.

My other concern is .....read a lot about these higher flow IMs mainly adding power at the top but this one does reference gains at 2500....admittedly they tell you what you want to hear but may give it a shot.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:31 PM
Tom Boismier
1st Gear Member

I have it and love it. Lots of power and driveability is great. Boss 302 intake adds power mostly at the top end. This CJ intake adds power throughout the band.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:29 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tom Boismier
I have it and love it. Lots of power and driveability is great. Boss 302 intake adds power mostly at the top end. This CJ intake adds power throughout the band.

Did you get the brenspeed package? I am curious if it comes with everything needed for installation. AM shows you still need BOSS Fuel Lines P/N: CR3Z-9J280-A and BOSS Fuel Vapor Hose P/N: CR3Z-9B297-A to complete the install with their CJ kit.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:34 PM
Tom Boismier
1st Gear Member

Yes, I got the Brenspeed package. I'm just down the road from their Indiana shop, so I had them do the work. Talk to George, he can answer your questions. george@brenspeed.com
Old 07-24-2016, 01:33 PM
jwslaw

Originally Posted by Tom Boismier

Thanks for the response. I think I read somewhere that the IM with this package does not fit under that stock CS package strut brace tower .... gonna check on this.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:45 PM
Tom Boismier
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwslaw
Thanks for the response. I think I read somewhere that the IM with this package does not fit under that stock CS package strut brace tower .... gonna check on this.
The stock GT strut brace will not fit over the CobraJet intake manifold. The Boss 302 brace will fit if you use 5mm spacers. I ran it this way for a while.

If you add the GT350 upper strut mounts, the Boss 302 brace with spacers will no longer fit because the mounting bolts are shorter. You could lower the engine slightly with aftermarket engine mounts. Or you could just sell the brace on Craigslist since it's cosmetic only. I chose the last option after I added the GT350 strut mounts.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:13 PM
jwslaw

Default appreciate all the feedback

Tom, many thanks for all the info.

Since I am bone stock and just had to pay to fix the house A/C and a trip for the wife and daughter to South Carolina, my first step is exhaust ....in all likelihood the Roush axle back. Then this fall going for this Brenspeed package. I can only imagine your vehicle must sound quite wicked and looking forward to getting there myself, especially once the weather cools off and window down cruising time.