Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Sync v4.6 is out

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 03:07 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

Default Sync v4.6 is out

Disclaimer, Ford is rolling it out step-wise so it may or may not yet be available to you.

Installation went smoothly (thankfully different to when I installed v4.4) and it only took 10-15 minutes. Had to re-pair my phone and everything seems to be working. At least temporarily it seems to have corrected the problem where when I asked for a particular tract on my iPod, sync would repeat the correct tract but play something completely different. Repeating the request would then select another incorrect song, in spite of sync correctly repeating the song I asked for. I'll withhold a conclusion about this fix for now because re-installing v4.4 would also correct this for a couple of days before it went back to the problem. This was my biggest gripe that came along with v4.4.

Here's the official Ford blurb on the update from the website:

DR3T-14D544-AG

Ford Motor Company is committed to enhancing and improving upon the SYNC® driving experience, and we periodically release software updates so you have the latest version of SYNC® to keep you up-to-date and in-the-know.

The latest release of SYNC® (V4.6) software delivers a more robust driving experience for vehicles equipped with SYNC® and SYNC® with MyFord®. The latest version also includes new features:

Streamlined help commands save time. SYNC® offers the corresponding help prompts only to the area that you're using.

Enhanced phonebook search allows you to browse and scroll through your contacts, alphabetically.

SYNC® AppLink™ now available in Canada and Mexico. Now, AppLink™ can be controlled in English, French (Canadian) and Spanish (Mexican).

SYNC® reboot allows you to quickly restart the SYNC® system to facilitate communication between your Bluetooth® - enabled device and SYNC®, without repairing your device or performing a master reset.