4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

People who have a Procharger P1-SC...LOOK HERE PLEASE

Old 05-13-2008, 01:10 PM
snowboard49dude
1st Gear Member

Default People who have a Procharger P1-SC...LOOK HERE PLEASE

Im loking into a procharger p1-sc and I was wondering if it would be a good way to go for a supercharger????
Old 05-13-2008, 01:23 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Default RE: People who have a Procharger P1-SC...LOOK HERE PLEASE

Its definitely a good entry level blower. If you are planning on a built bottom end and big power down the road, then get something bigger. The p-1sc will take you to about 500rwhp give or take depending on mods of course. But the "safe" limit on the stock bottom end is around 400rwhp, so it you never plan on doing the bottom end its the perfect choice. All their kits come intercooled for a few hundred more than other entry level blowers that come non-intercooled.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:51 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

The Procharger P1SC Stage II package is a very well balenced package. Its more then capable of taking you from 380rwhp to a little over 500rwhp. Very street friendly, very efficent at low psi. 50 state legal. All around good system. And 500rwhp is more then enough with the right supporting mods to bring you into the 11s.

Depending on your setup, max boost with an 8rib pulley is around 12psi to 14psi(maybe). The most power output I've seen from a P1 was 540rwhp @ 13psi. The thing was just sick.

If you feel the need to exceed 600rwhp, then the D1 will be your choice. I think they go up to 20psi. They are the same size as a P1, just with different impellars. You don't need an 8-rib setup if you wanna run max boost with them.

Then if you have deep pockets with just the insane need for power..... The F-1A will be your way to go. They max out at some ridculous amount of boost and run on a COG belt. They will also make your ear drums bleed at an idle from the jet powered whistle they have.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

The Procharger P1SC Stage II package is a very well balenced package. Its more then capable of taking you from 380rwhp to a little over 500rwhp. Very street friendly, very efficent at low psi. 50 state legal. All around good system. And 500rwhp is more then enough with the right supporting mods to bring you into the 11s.

Depending on your setup, max boost with an 8rib pulley is around 12psi to 14psi(maybe). The most power output I've seen from a P1 was 540rwhp @ 13psi. The thing was just sick.

If you feel the need to exceed 600rwhp, then the D1 will be your choice. I think they go up to 20psi. They are the same size as a P1, just with different impellars. You don't need an 8-rib setup if you wanna run max boost with them.

Then if you have deep pockets with just the insane need for power..... The F-1A will be your way to go. They max out at some ridculous amount of boost and run on a COG belt. They will also make your ear drums bleed at an idle from the jet powered whistle they have.
are u sure about that Victor? I was talking to Procharger the other day and he told me that my D1 WOULD SLIP Excessivly with the 3.2 pulley i have for it. He said i NEED the 8rib Pulley Setup.(which is like $675 shipped with the procharger pulley of your choic at THR [:'(]) If not it would Definately save me MUCHO Money lol.. I might just put a 3.8 pulley on and SPRAY to make up some HP lol...

I mean for almost 700 I can find a COMPLETE NITROUS kit

(SRY FOR HIJACKING THREAD OP)

Good luck with ur BLOWER!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:30 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

I believe Contentsunderpressure has a p1 with a 3.2 pulley with no 8-rib conversion. If that don't slip then I doubt the D-1 would. But then agian. Listen to the Procharger Experts from ATI!
Old 05-13-2008, 04:17 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

I know the P-1sc isn't supposed to slip until smaller than 3.2. But If I had a D-1sc running high boost, I would definitely pick up a Reichard racing pulley and never have to worry about slippage.

BTW the F-1A comes with an 8-rib pulley that will actually work with your stock 6-rib pulley system until you upgrade. I don't know how much pressure you can run with the F-1A on a 6-rib belt without slip though.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:23 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tbirdscwd

I know the P-1sc isn't supposed to slip until smaller than 3.2. But If I had a D-1sc running high boost, I would definitely pick up a Reichard racing pulley and never have to worry about slippage.

BTW the F-1A comes with an 8-rib pulley that will actually work with your stock 6-rib pulley system until you upgrade. I don't know how much pressure you can run with the F-1A on a 6-rib belt without slip though.
P-1SC will usually over spin at around 2.8 w/ an Rib. At that point the P1 is just screaming for mercy. A 3.0 w/ AFM Powerpipe will net my car at around 11psi. Maybe.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:29 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

P-1SC will usually over spin at around 2.8 w/ an Rib. At that point the P1 is just screaming for mercy. A 3.0 w/ AFM Powerpipe will net my car at around 11psi. Maybe.
what rib?

BTW what heads/cams are you running? 3.0 should get you a couple more psi than that unless you have like stage 3 heads/cams, LTs, and an aftermaket intake.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:39 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

what rib?

BTW what heads/cams are you running? 3.0 should get you a couple more psi than that unless you have like stage 3 heads/cams, LTs, and an aftermaket intake.
If your gonna run a 2.8 your gonna need an 8 rib. I'm Running Stock Heads an VT Stage II Blower Cams.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:17 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

What pulley were you running that gave you 477rwhp @8psi? Just curious cause my car was pushing 11psi on stock heads/cams stock intake tube with a 3.4" at 400rwhp. I'm getting it dynoed tomorrow with the new motor with blower cams and the same pulley. We'll see how much the pressure reading drops. I'd be really happy with 450rwhp on the 3.4 incher. I just got a power pipe but haven't installed it yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: People who have a Procharger P1-SC...LOOK HERE PLEASE