Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leak - Passenger Side

Old 11-16-2008, 07:50 PM
bull49

Question Water Leak - Passenger Side

Twice now after a heavy rain, we have had standing water on passenger side floor board. The first time I went to dealer, they checked a/c drain and said everything was ok. Does anyone have any suggestion what may be causing this? Again, we have only noticed after heavy rain. This last time the water was high enough to run into rear floor area. This is a 2006 Mustang Convertible. There is no indication of any leaks coming from windows or top.

bull49
Old 11-16-2008, 07:56 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

It's a common problem with the earlier cars of this model. Make them fix it under TSB 07-14-6. I had it too, and it was fixed under this TSB.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by americaniron
It's a common problem with the earlier cars of this model. Make them fix it under TSB 07-14-6. I had it too, and it was fixed under this TSB.
+1

A little searching and you'll find all the info on this you want to know. Rather common and discussed a lot.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:46 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I know it's a common problem but it is funny how you went to the dealership and told them that there was standing water in your passenger floorboard and they could still tell you that everything was fine. I think standing water is usually a sign of a problem...

Stupid dealerships...
Old 11-16-2008, 10:21 PM
doode
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bull49
Twice now after a heavy rain, we have had standing water on passenger side floor board. The first time I went to dealer, they checked a/c drain and said everything was ok. Does anyone have any suggestion what may be causing this? Again, we have only noticed after heavy rain. This last time the water was high enough to run into rear floor area. This is a 2006 Mustang Convertible. There is no indication of any leaks coming from windows or top.

bull49
its stories like this that make me so goddamn happy that ford is going under

built **** cars, give the shaft to customers when things go wrong
Old 11-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

yeah, lets all celebrate the collapse of the economy and degradation of competition in the car market. [/sarcasm]
Old 11-18-2008, 07:03 PM
xtremesaleen
2nd Gear Member

YAY a TSB on the leak. After the last several days of rain I can barely drive my car it smells so bad. I thought i had smelled mildew when it rained before but now its really overwhelming but i couldnt find a puddle, just a stench originating from the passenger side.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:44 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

Like was mentioned earlier, it has been a common problem & there is alot of discussion on the subject.
Most of the leaks have been traced to plugged drains under the cowl panel, then the water comes in through the cabin air filter.
Mine was a leak only when parked & I traced it down to a poorly sealed grommet behind the pass side inner fenderwell. Fixed mine about a year ago & haven't had any issues since.
The cowl leak appears to be the most common.
Pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails Water Leak - Passenger Side-dsc03746a.jpg   Water Leak - Passenger Side-dsc03747a.jpg  
Old 11-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

Pull the cover off where the Cabin Air Filter is. There is a drain under the cover that gets clogged up with leaves and such. You will also need a new filter. When you look at the filter, you will see how high the water really got.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:12 PM
mudhens84

Originally Posted by bull49

bull49
On the firewall there are 2 black rubber bladders. There are the srains. Stcik your index finger up iside of them and clean out the debris. Do this on a monthly basis and you will be all set.

Mudhens84

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water Leak - Passenger Side