Mustang II Section The more economy minded, compact Mustangs which were offered from 1974-1978

Our History of Mustang II article

Old 02-04-2009, 05:02 PM
IB Adrian

Default Our History of Mustang II article

Hi all,

What did you think of our trip down Mustang II memory lane? Well up any old memories? Do you miss your Mustang II? If you're still maintaining one, how is it?

Did we screw up anywhere? Did we forget something important?

If you missed it, you can read it here:

Part 1: https://mustangforums.com/articles/2...rt-1.html#more
Part 2: https://mustangforums.com/articles/2...rt-2.html#more
Part 3: https://mustangforums.com/articles/2...rt-3.html#more
Part 4: https://mustangforums.com/articles/2...obra.html#more
Part 5: https://mustangforums.com/articles/2...obra.html#more

Last edited by IB Adrian; 02-04-2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: link to article
Old 02-04-2009, 05:37 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

nice to see you IB guys posting, and nice to see *something* about the II. looks like you got most everything, but it may be worth mentioning that the II's front end / suspension is highly coveted by custom hot rodders. they actually handle very well compared to other models produced at their time.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:12 PM
califas_1987
3rd Gear Member

Great article, just one mis-spelling; towards the end of the 2nd to the last paragraph, it says Kind Cobra vs. King Cobra. Man, that King Cobra had some wild graphics. I wonder how it would look incorporated somehow into my new edge... hmmm...
Old 02-05-2009, 07:32 AM
gwb16
2nd Gear Member

Front page SPOT! Sweet!
I like telling everyone that I DIDN'T start out looking for a 1978 Mustang II. In fact a Mustang II NEVER crossed my mind as being on my "wish list" because quite frankly, and I hate to say this, but who really wants one? I didn't at the time of my search. But I accidently stumbled across this one and was floored at how well it had been maintained over the years. It wasn't showroom but there were no patch panels, no bondo, no dents and straight as an arrow and the paint was in very good shape. It already had a gone through the V8 conversion - it was originally a 4 banger - but the motor was toasted and the more I looked at it the more I realized that I could turn the car into one hell of shocker with a stout 302 in it. At roughly 2600 lbs, she launches a ton and that's with 3.00 gears in it. It's a challenge to keep it from blowing the tires off of the rims! It's a fun car. Handles beautifully. And as 77 already mentioned, a LOT of those old II's were RAPED by the Chevy fanatics for the front end handling package. Just look at how many Hot Rods have the MII steering guts under them. So although they weren't initially designed a Muscle Car in the true Mustang sense, I absolutely love mine. It's a great little car, fun to drive and draws a huge crowd. About once a month I have a tire kicker knocking on my front door, wanting to know if I'd be interested in selling her....I usually just smile and give them some crazy *** way out there price. They don't stay around long after that! At this point, I don't ever have any intentions of letting her go. I have a lot of future plans for it, might even see a supercharger crammed in it at a later date!
Great article! Thank you for sharing the history. They may not of been the Muscle but they effectively kept the namesake alive and for that all Mustang lovers should be thankful!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Wyomustang

Excellent.....I enjoyed reading it. But finish the story!!! hahaha
You should write up another one going all the way up to last year...
Old 02-05-2009, 07:42 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Nice, I really like the articles on the front page, keep them up guys!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:02 AM
itsblack
1st Gear Member

Default article

like the article..pics would be nice
Old 02-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

if someone with a clean MII provides pictures, ill add them. I dont have any of my own.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:39 PM
J5bowling

I have 75 mustang from about 1980 firt car I bought on my owne it now has a 30over 302 along with most of the other goodies it's now at a friends body shop having new quarters put on it finding interior not n easy job but it's getting there figuring body won't b done till fall told the guy not to rush I want it perfect or as close as he can so pics will fallow as for now I have n 89 gt just about ready if anybody runs across some good 2 parts let me know trying to find some bumpers thxs c ya