4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Modular Performance

Old 06-08-2009, 10:55 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Default Modular Performance

Have any of you dealt with Modular Performance in Novi, MI.? I had a chance to personally meet with the owner (John Temensky) today. He is supposedly one of the best modular engine builders in the country from what i hear.

Very nice guy...humble and straight forward...took the time to listen and answer all my questions.

Anyway i accidently came across their site today, while looking at camshaft options. Needless to say this guy gave me a crash course in camshaft theory and technology as it pertains to the modular motor, and if he is right in his theories and applications, then there is a lot of bogus information out there about cams (as well as other things) for our cars.

I am strongly considering letting them make a custom grind for me.

So if any of you have dealt with John or his company please let me know!

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:19 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Nobody has ever dealt with them?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Nobody has ever dealt with them?
Not personally, but you are correct they are one of if not the best modular engine builders.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:14 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stevecooper
Not personally, but you are correct they are one of if not the best modular engine builders.

That's good to hear! Yeah, i just did some research on John and his company. It really does appear that he is among the absolute best when it comes to the mod motor.

Since he's only 5 miles from me, i will definantely be going to him for my cams, and other mod motor related stuff.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:22 AM
PowerShiftzGT
2nd Gear Member

hmm i've never heard of them. Im going to check their site out.

Anyway i'd suggest you go over to SVTperformance.com and ask them on Modular performance. Im sure they have heard of them. or do a search over there.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:59 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PowerShiftzGT
hmm i've never heard of them. Im going to check their site out.

Anyway i'd suggest you go over to SVTperformance.com and ask them on Modular performance. Im sure they have heard of them. or do a search over there.

Thanks! Yeah, everything i've read about this company (and i've done alot of researching) is A+. I even called places like Livernois and Alternative Auto, and they agree as well. This guy knows the mod motor like the back of his hand!

I'm not sure if their site is up to date though. Just call the number, and i think you'll be surprised with their knowledge and professionalism.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Have any of you dealt with Modular Performance in Novi, MI.? I had a chance to personally meet with the owner (John Temensky) today. He is supposedly one of the best modular engine builders in the country from what i hear.

Very nice guy...humble and straight forward...took the time to listen and answer all my questions.

Anyway i accidently came across their site today, while looking at camshaft options. Needless to say this guy gave me a crash course in camshaft theory and technology as it pertains to the modular motor, and if he is right in his theories and applications, then there is a lot of bogus information out there about cams (as well as other things) for our cars.

I am strongly considering letting them make a custom grind for me.

So if any of you have dealt with John or his company please let me know!

Thanks!
The amount of misinformation, disinformation, and just plain BS, put forth by advertisers and found in many forums and other online sources staggers the imagination...

With regard to the online stuff, Gene Spafford said of UseNet (the Internet's predecessor) in 1992;

Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea -- massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.
It was quite true then and now, 17 years later, it's not goten any better...