V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

99-04 Rear Side Marker Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:36 PM
PeteTheHeat

Default 99-04 Rear Side Marker Lights

Hey Gang! Brand new here and have a question, figured this was the place with the "experts"!

I HATE the fact that my 01 Mustang has only rear "reflectors" rather than actual side marker lights. Has anyone ever changed theirs to side marker lights, and if so, can you tell me what parts to purchase to make the change. I just really want lights there, not just reflectors!!

Thanks, in advance for any help

Pete
Old 06-16-2009, 09:24 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Either delete them or smoke them, side marker lights will look ricer/guido as hell
Old 06-17-2009, 08:07 AM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

i agree ^^^
Old 06-17-2009, 02:40 PM
PeteTheHeat

Gee thanks for the "help".... marker lights on the rear quarters "ricer"?? WTF? Anyone ever see a 69 Mustang? Tell me that was "ricer"! My very first car was a 69 Mustang 351W, or so you guys today will know what I'm talkin' about, a 5.8L. It had rear quarter marker lights (red). That's why I want to make the ones on my 01 "real" not reflectors. Never mind.... I'll find suggestions elsewhere... every time I come to one of these forums all anyone wants to do is dismiss every idea as "ricer".... Thanks for NOTHIN'!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

Umm a 68 is a classic. 01's are not. What would be the benefit of having a light there?
Old 06-18-2009, 12:02 AM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Originally Posted by PeteTheHeat
Gee thanks for the "help".... marker lights on the rear quarters "ricer"?? WTF? Anyone ever see a 69 Mustang? Tell me that was "ricer"! My very first car was a 69 Mustang 351W, or so you guys today will know what I'm talkin' about, a 5.8L. It had rear quarter marker lights (red). That's why I want to make the ones on my 01 "real" not reflectors. Never mind.... I'll find suggestions elsewhere... every time I come to one of these forums all anyone wants to do is dismiss every idea as "ricer".... Thanks for NOTHIN'!!!
Uh, our cars have a taillight design that wraps around the side of the car, which compensates for not having a sepereate "side marker."

And you asked, we didn't force our opinions on you, so quit being a butt hurt little bitch when the whole world thinks your idea is retarded.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:22 AM
ramoyer1
3rd Gear Member

wow I didnt even know they didnt work! ohwell i guess i will be filling in my holes with bondo!!
Old 06-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ramoyer1
wow I didnt even know they didnt work! ohwell i guess i will be filling in my holes with bondo!!
NO! BAD! *slaps head* Bondo is the enemy. My rear bumper got painted like 2 weeks after I got my car in Sept 2007, and guess what? They cheesed the crap out of it and Kaboom! 1 year later my bumper has cracking/flaking paint from the bondo.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:18 PM
ramoyer1
3rd Gear Member

lol well if were metal i would weld the hole closed... nah I am going to black them out and leave them there
Old 06-18-2009, 06:41 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

I would say do it, no1 else does and it would be subtle mod. I would probably go with running lights though. You could go to discount auto and buy the side marker kit, that should come with everything u need and then just take the top cover off of the kit lights. Remove the side markers, cut the hole in the plastic. you will have to do a lil fab work though to get it all to stay. i will make a diagram real quick.

Quick Reply: 99-04 Rear Side Marker Lights